Upgrades Adding DAB to 07 Civic with SatNav - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 8th August 2017, 15:27 Thread Starter

Car: 2007 1.8 EX
Adding DAB to 07 Civic with SatNav

Has anyone fitted a DAB reciver (preferably a behind the dash unit) if so what one and how well does it work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 9th August 2017, 22:45
Supporter

Car: 2006 1.8 EX iDrive, Silver
Garage
I fitted a Pure DAB unit which works okay for me, not perfect as I'm getting a little bit of electrical noise during the quiet parts (work in progress!!). Also it allows you to use the current Honda FM aerial (ie in the rear window, not the best as you probably worked out!) or add an additional aerial solely for DAB.

Ebay link Pure Highway 300Di In-Car DAB Digital Radio & Audio Adaptor Kit NEW VL-61945 | eBay

They do newer one's, noticed the 400 is about 30 extra which adds Bluetooth but I already had it built in. The 300 will play tracks from Spotify/Apple Music, as long as it is initiated from the phone. As I say, not perfect but works for me.
Attached Images
File Type: png PureDAB.png (54.8 KB, 49 views)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 14th August 2017, 13:29
Supporter

Car: 2009 2.2 5 door
I got a pure highway 600 at the weekend and it took 10mins to install. It's either aux in or works as an FM transmitter and is powered by a 5v USB connector with the control unit and aerial stuck to the passanger windscreen. The handsfree seems to work well and, so far, driving around North/Mid Devon I've only had the DAB signal cut out once

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 14th August 2017, 23:10
Supporter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpt812 View Post
The handsfree seems to work well and, so far, driving around North/Mid Devon I've only had the DAB signal cut out once

Lucky you! I travel between Tiverton and Barnstaple once a week and as soon as I get close to South Molton I loose everything, DAB, FM and even my EE mobile stream - thank goodness for downloads!

PS the aerial is absolutely rubbish on my EX, just deciding on what external one to go for.

Not answering? Must be on the air then!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 15th August 2017, 20:15
Supporter

Car: 2009 2.2 5 door
I manly got it for the handsfree so the DAB working fairly well is a bonus. The disadvantage with the 400/600 is that you can't connect an external aerial (which would have been nice).
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 15th August 2017, 22:29
Supporter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpt812 View Post
I manly got it for the handsfree so the DAB working fairly well is a bonus. The disadvantage with the 400/600 is that you can't connect an external aerial (which would have been nice).

Interesting that you can with the older 300!?

Not answering? Must be on the air then!

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page