Technical rear view camera - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 17th December 2017, 18:47 Thread Starter

rear view camera

i know its been asked a few hundred times before but as this is my first post i cant see any images
just wondering how easy it is to fit a rear camera to a stranded head unit (with sat nav) into my 57 plate dirty diesel
thanks wayne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 17th December 2017, 23:12
Supporter

Car: 2006 1.8 5 door
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddy-gsi View Post
i know its been asked a few hundred times before but as this is my first post i cant see any images
just wondering how easy it is to fit a rear camera to a stranded head unit (with sat nav) into my 57 plate dirty diesel
thanks wayne
Not too bad if you are okay at DIY, getting the video lead through the rubber gaiter to the boot causes the most trouble, also depends whether you can get your hand up the back of the dvd unit to insert the cable, otherwise you have to do a bit of dismantling. There is a very useful "How To" with lots of helpful comments, plus other recent threads so have a read.

You'll need to make, or buy (see the for sale section) a special cable to allow your camera to plug into the back of the dvd nav unit. Other than that you can get a camera off eBay for less than £15 and you might need a signal attenuator if the screen is too bright, and that can be had for about a fiver.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page