Radio Connects2 Double Din Kit - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 28th December 2017, 00:16 Thread Starter

Connects2 Double Din Kit

Hi all, first off apologies if this has already been covered.

I've recently installed a Sony WX-GT90BT using the CTKHD01 Connects2 fascia kit. Everything's working fine, however I'm getting really bad radio reception. I noticed that there was a stray blue wire coming from the aerial adaptor which I didn't connect at the time as I didn't think it was necessary.

I believe it's meant to meant to amplify the signal which would be very helpful in my situation! Does anyone know what I can to connect it to? I noticed on one of the patch leads I think there were what looked like female banana plug sockets, a blue and a pink one. Would connecting it to the blue one help? I don't want to have to take off all the trim again and risk breaking clips if it doesn't do anything!

Failing that does anyone know what else could be the source of the problem? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 28th December 2017, 07:18
Supporter

Car: 2007 1.8 Sport MT (Vivid)
Eco display
Send a message via MSN to ante00
Problem is blue wire. You need to connect it so civic amp gets power. Civic has antenaa amp in rear glass

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 28th December 2017, 14:01 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

I decided to stop being a lazy ass and opened everything back up to see what I could do. Basically I taped up the blue aerial lead to a blue lead that was coming from the harness connected to the back of the head unit. It's improved the reception quality on the majority of the stations. Before, it wasn't even getting the station names. Looks to have solved the problem for now!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 28th December 2017, 17:00
Super Moderator

Car: 10G 1.5 Civic Prestige
You have probably solved the problem, period. Not just 'for now'.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 30th December 2017, 20:36

Interesting read. I'm a new owner of a 2008 civic and considering at some point fitting a double din with DAB etc. Reading about this kit is useful. I'd not actually seen that one on their website. I'd been looking at another one that's slightly more expensive.

Not sure what the difference is, but the more expensive one looks maybe a little more simple?

Chad.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 1st January 2018, 13:19
Supporter

Car: NHB Civic ES 2.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zomby View Post
I decided to stop being a lazy ass and opened everything back up to see what I could do. Basically I taped up the blue aerial lead to a blue lead that was coming from the harness connected to the back of the head unit. It's improved the reception quality on the majority of the stations. Before, it wasn't even getting the station names. Looks to have solved the problem for now!
I gave up on listening to the radio! Now I know how to fix this I've got to take it apart at some point! Took ages fitting it already!

Going to give that a try when it's warmer!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 15th January 2018, 22:19 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

I ended up soldering the connection, and while it did improve the quality of the reception it's still far from perfect. I guess I'll just have to live with it, it's only when the missus is in the car that I have to listen to the radio anyway!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180106_142748_1516054665580.jpg (74.5 KB, 30 views)

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page