Amplifier Rear Speakers - Incorrect Wire Colours - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 8th March 2018, 20:20 Thread Starter

Car: 2.2 i-CTDi Honda Civic ES 59
Rear Speakers - Incorrect Wire Colours

Hi, I'm trying to fit an amplifier wiring kit to my civic (facelift ver.), I need to wire in an LOC to the rear speakers for the RCA, I've just put all the HU back together so I'd rather avoid wiring it directly to there.

My problem is the colours for the rear speakers don't seem to be correct, looking at a wiring diagram for the HU the colours there are correct for all the front and back speakers, but when I opened up the wiring loom under the rear seats as guides have shown, the two twisted pair of wires are not the same colour. I have the facelift version of the civic, so I don't know if that has something to do with it.

I wired up the red and yellow to test it, I'm not sure if I had the positive and negative the correct way around, but it just caused a kind of static bass for my sub that almost synced with the engine? Not sure if that's useful whatsoever, either way it didn't work.

I've never done this before so I don't want to cause any problems so I've stopped for now.

Has anyone else come by this problem before and know the correct colours? Is this because it's the facelifted verison?

Edit: Oh the correct colours should be:

Rear Left Positive - Yellow
Rear Left Negative - Brown
Rear Right Positive - Blue
Rear Right Negative - Orange

Last edited by Lentono; 8th March 2018 at 21:38.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page