AUX in Bluetooth, USB and aux kit - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 20th March 2018, 01:48 Thread Starter

Bluetooth, USB and aux kit

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what bluetooth kit available on Ebay will work on my 2007 Honda Civic EX with Sat Nav?

I think I might need a Y cable if so. I have read on here about removing the head unit to access the rear.

I would like to simply like to have USB playback, phone cable aux in and bluetooth for music playback from the phone.

Once plugged in, do I simply press the aux button to connect up any of those three option?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 21st March 2018, 08:52
Supporter

I end up, getting facelifted car radio, and OEM USB module, cable loom and arm resting side console with this ports. All aftermarket has a lot of problems.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 21st March 2018, 09:30 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Okay thanks for that. It does seem a shame to swap over a perfectly good working unit in all other respects and fork out a considerable amount of money though for this option. Remember this is the Sat Nav version too.

Comment noted and many thanks for replying!

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 21st March 2018, 14:01
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omi-Wan View Post
Okay thanks for that. It does seem a shame to swap over a perfectly good working unit in all other respects and fork out a considerable amount of money though for this option. Remember this is the Sat Nav version too.

Comment noted and many thanks for replying!
I think you no need to buy sat nav version. Tha main unit is the same in sat nav version and standard. You can replace it.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 21st March 2018, 14:17

Car: 2006 1.8 ES
I fitted an aux cable to my 06 Civic ES, one of the Connects2 ones (i could search for the one i got if you want), it was about £32 and recently i bought a bluetooth receiver for £20 (although there are cheaper ones), and i can now connect my phone to the bluetooth receiver and play my music. The sound quality is great to me.

I eventually want to get a double din head unit though, so i can use the screen for a reversing camera, but in the mean time this is a good easy alternative.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 21st March 2018, 14:49
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvegan View Post
I fitted an aux cable to my 06 Civic ES, one of the Connects2 ones (i could search for the one i got if you want), it was about £32 and recently i bought a bluetooth receiver for £20 (although there are cheaper ones), and i can now connect my phone to the bluetooth receiver and play my music. The sound quality is great to me.

I eventually want to get a double din head unit though, so i can use the screen for a reversing camera, but in the mean time this is a good easy alternative.
OEM, usb supports all MP3, no lag, no delay, no pitch sounds, no stupid laud song start. You can explore folders with folder wheel, you see folders name, songs name, etc. Sound quality.... bluetooth quality is crap with SBC, the lag.... You can get back mirror with reversing camera support.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 21st March 2018, 19:07
Supporter

Car: 2010 CTS GT Black
Eco display
If you are after a cheaper kit, look up the Anker Sound Sync if you want a usb powered aux cable Bluetooth receiver
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 22nd March 2018, 08:42
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM320N View Post
If you are after a cheaper kit, look up the Anker Sound Sync if you want a usb powered aux cable Bluetooth receiver
What is the point of low sound quality BT adapter through aux, when you can connect your phone directly to 3,5mm ?
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 23rd March 2018, 15:14
Supporter

Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfiniti64 View Post
What is the point of low sound quality BT adapter through aux, when you can connect your phone directly to 3,5mm ?
Firstly quality is absolutely fine and no different to being wired

Secondly don't have to be connected to the car via an annoying cable that's why

Oh sorry, thirdly it acts as a wireless call kit aswell so can change songs and answer calls all by using the buttons on the receiver so for a "cheap" kit it's actually good
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 27th March 2018, 14:32 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvegan View Post

That would be great. I really don“t want to spend too much and change as little as possible and would sacrifice sound quality to some extent at the moment. Right now I am blue toothing over a radio frequency so I imagine that this is the receiver you are talking about. It also has a USB input.

Thanks!
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 27th March 2018, 14:35 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Firstly quality is absolutely fine and no different to being wired

Secondly don't have to be connected to the car via an annoying cable that's why

Oh sorry, thirdly it acts as a wireless call kit aswell so can change songs and answer calls all by using the buttons on the receiver so for a "cheap" kit it's actually good
But doesn“t this connect a phone through the jack socket or a USB and then send the signal to a radio frequency?
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 27th March 2018, 22:54
Supporter

Eco display
Quote:
But doesn“t this connect a phone through the jack socket or a USB and then send the signal to a radio frequency?

No basically the unit acts as a converter, you connect to it via Bluetooth and it then pumps that through the cars aux system so a "wireless aux cable" of you get me....but better

I've had aux cable after aux cable after aux cable all end up breaking and getting in the way, until I fit a double din unit this is the cheapest and best thing I could find that works perfectly

**same thing as Mvegan posted above **

Last edited by CAM320N; 27th March 2018 at 22:56.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 29th March 2018, 12:58 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
No basically the unit acts as a converter, you connect to it via Bluetooth and it then pumps that through the cars aux system so a "wireless aux cable" of you get me....but better

I've had aux cable after aux cable after aux cable all end up breaking and getting in the way, until I fit a double din unit this is the cheapest and best thing I could find that works perfectly

**same thing as Mvegan posted above **
Right, so I need a separate cable from the car“s aux out to plug this into. Correct?
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 29th March 2018, 18:46
Supporter

Eco display
Quote:
Right, so I need a separate cable from the car“s aux out to plug this into. Correct?
It comes as part of the kit....is your aux and usb in your arm rest compartment ? Thats where mine is plugged in to and the receiver is stuck on next to the gear knob
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 30th March 2018, 11:01 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
It comes as part of the kit....is your aux and usb in your arm rest compartment ? Thats where mine is plugged in to and the receiver is stuck on next to the gear knob
No, earlier models did not come with the aux in the arm rest. I only have the aux button on the radio so I will need to buy the cable mentioned by Mvegan (connects2) and probably a Y adapter because I have sat nav.
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 30th March 2018, 11:15 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

This seems to do everything in one:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bluetooth...53.m1438.l2649

Anybody tried this one?
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 30th March 2018, 12:55
Supporter

Eco display
Quote:
No, earlier models did not come with the aux in the arm rest. I only have the aux button on the radio so I will need to buy the cable mentioned by Mvegan (connects2) and probably a Y adapter because I have sat nav.
Ahh damnnn
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 30th March 2018, 18:02
Supporter

Quote:
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how-gui...ctory-way.html you can do it !
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 30th March 2018, 18:04
Supporter

Quote:
This seems to do everything in one:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bluetooth...53.m1438.l2649

Anybody tried this one?
Yes i did http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how-gui...tallation.html
but now i am using face lifted radio, with factory usb , with face lifted arm rest.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 31st March 2018, 13:24

Hi folks sorry to hijack your thread but I'm looking for some advice and you guys seem to be discussing what I'm having trouble with. I know this is a Civic forum but I've got a 2012 EX Jazz with an aux in socket, 12v power socket and a usb adapter cable- all standard to the model by Honda.

For many many reasons I'm not a fan of Apple but have finally ditched my ipod for a sony walkman (old school, I know). Annoyingly the ipod works perfectly via the usb adapter.

The problem is connecting it and getting full functionality via USB in my Honda Jazz.

If I connect via usb and use it in "mass storage mode" it works but the organisation of all the folders is a mess. They're not in any hierarchical order and I can't access any playlists. They're not even sorted into artist/ album/ song etc. So it's good to randomly play things but not to actually find anything specific.

If I connect via usb and have it in normal player mode it says "unsupported" and nothing works.

If I connect via the aux function it works but I can't use the car controls.

I seem to only be able to connect my phone via bluetooth to the car.

Is there any way of having the functionality in the car of my ipod without using an ipod? i.e. be able to select artist/ album/ songs/ playlists and be able to use the steering wheel controls?

I've not converted any files (that I know of) I've just emptied everything from iTunes onto the walkman.

Is the Anker SoundSync mentioned above the answer?

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page