Speakers Speaker options and 6x9's - Civinfo
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By ExperienceWins

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 9th April 2018, 11:07 Thread Starter

Speaker options and 6x9's

Hi guys,
New owner here. I have the standard head unit and speakers installed, which leaves much to desire... I don't want a mobile nightclub, but i'm sure things can be improved, even on my tight budget.

I don't intend to change the head unit. It sounds like a nightmare and would be pointless if I don't do the speakers too. I've seen plenty of posts about people replacing the stock speakers with infinity speakers. Any particular reason for that brand/model?

Has anybody done the 90's classic - 6x9's in the parcel shelf? Surely wouldn't be hard to extend the cables from rear door cards to the boot...

And lastly - anybody tried fitting a sub under the rear seats? There are plenty of low profile options out there but wondered if anyone has first hand experience. I don't want to give up boot space...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10th April 2018, 08:27
Supporter

Car: 2010 Type S 1.8 GT
Garage
Personally I think that upgrading the speakers alone won't make much difference, unless you're planning to fit an amplifier in there too?

The power that the stock head unit provides to the speakers is very low, which is where the sub standard quality comes from. The stock speakers themselves aren't all that bad.

You might be able to get away with just putting an amplifier between the stock head unit and stock speakers, though I can't say for sure if that's the best way to go.
jimmyjamjojo likes this.
Thanks to ExperienceWins from:
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10th April 2018, 10:21 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExperienceWins View Post
Personally I think that upgrading the speakers alone won't make much difference, unless you're planning to fit an amplifier in there too?

The power that the stock head unit provides to the speakers is very low, which is where the sub standard quality comes from. The stock speakers themselves aren't all that bad.

You might be able to get away with just putting an amplifier between the stock head unit and stock speakers, though I can't say for sure if that's the best way to go.
Thanks. I have since looked around other threads and found the head unit is like 12w rms or something ridiculous...

*sigh* I'll just have to live with it for now. Really don't fancy messing around with the double din stuff, or running cables all round to/from an amp...

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page