Amplifier No Sound from Drivers Side Speakers - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 15th April 2018, 10:36 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 58 2.2, Black ; 09 CTR, Red
No Sound from Drivers Side Speakers

Hi,

Some months ago the speakers on the drivers side of the car stopped working but occasionally came back over a large pothole for a short while so assumed a loose connection with front drivers speaker.

However, since checking it is both the front and rear drivers speakers.

Anyway, there is an amp in the boot (Alpine PMX-F640) and on measuring the voltage (AC) when playing music there is voltage out of the amp to feed the LHS speakers but not the RHS speakers.

There are also 2 25Amp fuses in the AMP but they are stuck in there and I suspect they will break when I remove them! Despite googling I cannot find exactly what these 2 fuses feed but the fact the sound comes and goes very occasionally it is unlikely to be the fuse!

Consequently, I suspect the amp has failed on the RHS so was going to swap the speakers over and check and hope there is no short and blow the amp completely.

Before I do that has anyone got a better suggestion to help diagnose the fault - I don't have a spare amp!

Steve

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page