** Thread starter **
Join Date: 24th July 2007
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
I'll hold my hand up and say that i'm an Apple Fanyboy, so can't comment from personal experience.
BUT reading all the reviews - it would seem it works well with Android Auto, which does allow WAZE use - just be aware that when driving in sun, due to the angle of the Dash, it's not easy to see the nav on the screen, but the voice would still come through the speakers. It works well with Apple Maps, so i'm sure it will play nicely with WAZE. As for FLAC yes, as it's a Sony thing I'm pretty sure that is covered - you'd be doing that through either the phone or via a USB Stick.
Check out the videos on You Tube where they have reviewed the unit - there are some quibbles, but no head unit out there is perfect and people all ways want something a little extra or different.
Main reason for getting was :
1. update interface - sick of plugging in a AUX cable and not being able to change track legally.
2. The interface makes it safe, it's much better than most manufacturer units, as they are so confusing and distract you from driving.
3. Real Vol Knob - not a stab on the screen to turn it up and down.
4. Big Clear display with Car Play / Android Auto
5. Phone Control via cable (ok wifi / bluetooth world be better - but I think only one unit is available with that at present).
6. Sound Quality and Access to Music - This is just perfect - Apple Music, Google Music, Spotify, BBC Radio - Etc - It's ideal
7. Bluetooth Phonecall that actually works, plus with Siri you can speak most of what you want and it sorts it out for you, even text dictation.
If you are after playing videos whilst driving or whilst parked - well then it's not for you - video playback is via USB only (not phone or you tube, etc - unless you are jailbroken) this wasn't an issue for me, as if the temptation isn't there I won't do it.
Hope this helps with your selection.