Built in CD Disconnect battery stereo replacement? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 6th June 2018, 21:55 Thread Starter
FN2 NINJA

Car: 2007 2.0 Type R GT
Garage
Disconnect battery stereo replacement?

Simple question... Do I have to disconnect the battery before replacing the OEM stereo? My CD player does not work I tried a cleaner with no success so bought a cheap replacement as a temporary so at least I can get my CDs playing.

Read some posts on here seen the youtube video about removing all the dash etc. But nowhere it mentions the battery are you not supposed to remove the negative terminal before doing this? I want to have a go at this myself rather than pay someone to do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 6th June 2018, 22:21
Supporter

Car: 9th Gen 1.4 Petrol SE + Navi
Garage
It's a fairly safe and easy bet; Better off that than frying yourself / your headunit. Other option is pull the fuse for the radio, but may as well just disconnect the battery to play it safe.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page