Upgrades Sound Upgrade for Civic's factory satnav - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 5th July 2018, 16:51 Thread Starter
Supporter

Sound Upgrade for Civic's factory satnav

Dear Everyone,

I am new to Civinfo and a happy owner of a 5D Civic 1.8 VIII 2007 that I bought 6 months ago. The version is Executive (glassroof+satnav).

As you know the factory satnav sound system sucks big time so time has come to upgrade some parts of it. I am considering selling the car next year and removing the extra parts, so I tend to the following configuration:

(1) Adding an amp (e.g., JBL GX-604 ([email protected] Ohms) at around 120 euro or 106 gbp),
(2) Upgrading the front speakers only (Focal or Pioneer 165 to match the amp) along with MDF speakers rings ( around 20 euro or 18 gbp).
(3) Adding an active subwoofer under the back seats (Kenwood KSC-SW11 at around 120 euro or 106 gbp),
(4) Serious cabling + the “big grounding kit”, and
(5) Dynamat in the front doors inside-out (250 euro in total installed by an expert).

Practicality is maintained (I load a lot of stuff in the boot and the back seats for I often travel for mountain bike/ski/windsurfing), and everything (except (5)) can be removed when I’m going to sell the car.

Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 5th July 2018, 20:06

Car: 2008 Type S GT 2.2
The stock speakers are very decent with a double din head unit - I couldn't believe how great they sounded - finally some bass!
Thanks to Type 666 from:

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Tags
factory , satnav , sound through speakers , upgrade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page