assistance or advice needed - Civinfo
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 24th July 2018, 11:57 Thread Starter
Supporter

assistance or advice needed

hey people.

I am looking into putting a double din in my 2008 civic. got a few questions .
first of all in sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place I have looked on other parts and the parts I need haven't gotten comments for a year .

I know that in order to put a double din display is a bit of a faf on with regards to trim under the sw. gear stick etc in order to get the radio out.
Halfords have asked for 220 to fit it I was thinking about giving it a go myself .

can anyone recommend a unit that works with android as most of them and more for iPhones.
I have been looking at pumpkin had any one had any dealings with them ?
I have a budget of around 300-350 for the unit if needs be .

basically any advice wouldn't go a miss .

regards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 24th July 2018, 16:08
Supporter

Car: 2010 Civic Si 2.2
Garage
regarding the trim just be carefull and take your time as some of the clips are bloody tight !!!
I took my time and still managed to break a bit of plastic of jusr under where the radio is, covered it
up with a strip of velcro and is nt noticable at all.
I fitted a Pioneer AVH double din and i am not familiar with Android units at all, but do know that Pumkin get

very good reviews

Good Luck
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 24th July 2018, 16:30 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev27 View Post
regarding the trim just be carefull and take your time as some of the clips are bloody tight !!!
I took my time and still managed to break a bit of plastic of jusr under where the radio is, covered it
up with a strip of velcro and is nt noticable at all.
I fitted a Pioneer AVH double din and i am not familiar with Android units at all, but do know that Pumkin get

very good reviews

Good Luck
hey Trev thank you for your reply and advice.
I'm keeping my options open as to what unit to use I have heard mixed reviews about most.
apart from servicing my car I've not had any internal hand on work I don't know if I dare trust myself enough lol .
where you able to get the steering wheel controls to work with the stereo ?
thanks

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 24th July 2018, 16:48
Supporter

Garage
Yeah, all works fine with the Pioneer unit i have, works brilliant with my iphone which when connected is also used as a sat nav
through the unit. Pioneer are the best IMO and use it for USB playback, DAB and of couse apps, as said, i dont know much about the
android units, hopefully someone on here will help you out i know there are a lot of threads regarding this so just go through them all
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 24th July 2018, 16:57 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Yeah, all works fine with the Pioneer unit i have, works brilliant with my iphone which when connected is also used as a sat nav
through the unit. Pioneer are the best IMO and use it for USB playback, DAB and of couse apps, as said, i dont know much about the
android units, hopefully someone on here will help you out i know there are a lot of threads regarding this so just go through them all
smashing thanks Trev 🙂
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 25th July 2018, 14:27 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

hey Trev sorry to bother you again just after a quick bit of advice . im ordering the pumpkin unit I am looking at facia units and came across 2 different ones look the same but just short of 100 difference . cheaper one https://www.amazon.co.uk/MAXIOU-DKM0...WNL&ref=plSrch with that one I think I will need the cable pack that's offered at the bottom for 59 in order tonget the steering wheel controls working.

the more expensive one is https://www.amazon.co.uk/Autoleads-T...5KL&ref=plSrch that says it comes with the cables . I know you have a different unit but which one would you get if you where fitting one .
thanks
regards
Phil
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 25th July 2018, 16:26
Supporter

Garage
Autoleads out of them 2

I have the Connect2 one though which i know a lot of people on here have aswell
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 25th July 2018, 16:46
Supporter

Garage
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 25th July 2018, 20:07 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

thanks trev much appreciated your the only guy that has taken time to reply to me 🙂 .
I ordered everything earlier and took a gamble as turns out I got the same one you recommended I paid a tenner more but then again it's from Amazon and came with prime so the whole lot will be here tomorrow including rest cam all getting fitted in Tuesday .
thanks mate
Trev27 likes this.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 27th July 2018, 09:17
Supporter

Garage
excellent
now let the work begin

Hope all goes ok
Its easy, but fiddly
Remember to cut away some of the dash on the bottom left, otherwise it wont fit, again easy to do
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 27th July 2018, 09:30
Supporter

Garage
ht

This is how i did it on mine
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 27th July 2018, 11:23 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
ht

This is how i did it on mine
thanks Trev much appreciated. I will be doing it on Tuesday depending on the weather. will let you know how I get on.
the is again
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 31st July 2018, 23:58 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Hey Trev. it's still a work in progress but here is how I got on. not a bad attempt at somethibg I've never done before lol . hit a few problems along the way which made it drag out a bit.

the don support bracket the came with the din didn't fit. was about 5 mil to night and a few mil to short for the din I looked at every option to cut it etc to make it fit but then it wouldn't fit the fascia. took a trip to Halfords got a universal worked a treat .
secondly I'm still yet to get the steering wheel volume etc working it's all plugged on but no joy that will take a bit of investigation.
what a cow it was to get it all in with the added cables.
other than that though everything else went fine.
I just need to source a new full size clock or something for the top display as before I had the sat nav with the little clock which both are now not working lol .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180731_125331_1533077476227.jpg (121.3 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg 20180731_181546_1533077541868.jpg (66.1 KB, 46 views)
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 1st August 2018, 10:55
Supporter

Garage
Looking good mate
It is a nightmare fitting all them cables behind the dash, taped all mine and tidied them up but was still very tight !
Dont know why Honda made it difficult to remove the radio, all that work to undo 2 bolts underneath the unit !
Hopefully you will figure out the volume control etc, probs a wire or setting needs tweaking a bit.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 1st August 2018, 11:06 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Looking good mate
It is a nightmare fitting all them cables behind the dash, taped all mine and tidied them up but was still very tight !
Dont know why Honda made it difficult to remove the radio, all that work to undo 2 bolts underneath the unit !
Hopefully you will figure out the volume control etc, probs a wire or setting needs tweaking a bit.
I was in a setting on the din that had a option to select controls from steering wheel and when I pressed it, it knew I had although didn't do the job was suppose to do so I think I might have to program them in.
but yeah what a nightmare to get to a couple of bolts lol
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 8th August 2018, 14:59
Supporter

Garage
did you get everything working ??
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 9th August 2018, 20:27

Send a message via Skype™ to ioannis
Quote:
Originally Posted by munkehpunch View Post
Hey Trev. it's still a work in progress but here is how I got on. not a bad attempt at somethibg I've never done before lol . hit a few problems along the way which made it drag out a bit.

the don support bracket the came with the din didn't fit. was about 5 mil to night and a few mil to short for the din I looked at every option to cut it etc to make it fit but then it wouldn't fit the fascia. took a trip to Halfords got a universal worked a treat .
secondly I'm still yet to get the steering wheel volume etc working it's all plugged on but no joy that will take a bit of investigation.
I just need to source a new full size clock or something for the top display as before I had the sat nav with the little clock which both are now not working lol .
Have you used a connects2 harness to connect the 2DIN head unit? I tried something similar yesterday on my car but the sub-display (the one with the clock, A/C and audio details) didn't display anything properly. The connects2 harness only works with the non-satnav sub-display. However, if you totally remove that display and fit something else as you suggest, you will find that your A/C will not work at all.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 9th August 2018, 20:30

Send a message via Skype™ to ioannis
Quote:

About the colour satnav display, you can still use it without the original satnav system if you connect it to an RGB interface. You can check this thread... https://www.civinfo.com/forum/ipods-...interface.html
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 13th August 2018, 22:26 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Hey everyone sorry for the delay in currently on holiday with my daughter .
I got the steering wheel controls working I hadn't noticed I needed to tell the radio which one was which
Trev27 likes this.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 13th August 2018, 22:27 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioannis View Post
Quote:

About the colour satnav display, you can still use it without the original satnav system if you connect it to an RGB interface. You can check this thread... https://www.civinfo.com/forum/ipods-...interface.html
cheers mate once I'm back I'll give that a go
ioannis likes this.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page