AUX in Audiophile WARNING: yatour - MP3, Bluetooth + Speaker recomendation - Civinfo
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By WillG1995

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10th September 2018, 07:13 Thread Starter

Audiophile WARNING: yatour - MP3, Bluetooth + Speaker recomendation

Hi there!

I am new to this forum and thought I might make a contribution in my first post.

I am living in austria (not a native english speaker, as you´ll see) and for the past 6 years my company supplyed 3 new Audi for me. After changing profession I had to settle for something smaller and got a Civic. So far I gotta say that I´m impressed what Honda is able to provide considering that the car is only 1/3 of my former cars price!

Since I didn´t want to miss out on the bluetooth and USB capabilitys I ordered and fitted a yatour device for the cd changer port and upgraded my speakers to a Hertz DSK 165 system.
The speakers do a great job when listening to CDs without the need for an amplifyer but the audio quality via USB and bluetooth is horrible in comparison.
I bet it´s a good deal if you dont care for audio quality and just want basic hands-free capability (even though the receiving quality also is bad), but if you love music this thing is a no-go!

At this point I am still not sure if I should stick to MP3 CDs or get an android unit...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 23rd September 2018, 15:40

Car: '07 Type S 2.2 CDTi Silver
I'm gutted to see this. Saw a lot of good stuff about the Yatour unit, specifically a thread boasting "hifi grade DAC." Feel a bit deflated now.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 4th October 2018, 13:08

Car: 56 CIVIC 1.8 SE I-VTEC
Never heard of these but had a look based on this post - How easy are these to Fit? (Im a new mk8 Civic owner with limited Car knowledge)

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 4th October 2018, 13:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpmandanw View Post
Never heard of these but had a look based on this post - How easy are these to Fit? (Im a new mk8 Civic owner with limited Car knowledge)
I put mine in this morning. It took a lot of patience and some kitchen utensils to remove all the trim, then it's as simple as plugging the connector into the back of the radio.

Give yourself a bit of time and it's super easy. There's some guides to getting to the back of the radio somewhere on the forum.

Sound quality is fine for me by the way, my ears must not be as sensitive.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Thanks to WillG1995 from:
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 4th October 2018, 13:27

Car: 56 CIVIC 1.8 SE I-VTEC
Oh so just a standard stereo connection on the back - I've some AUX cables needing Soldering etc so wondered if this was the same

Thanks
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 4th October 2018, 16:54

Yep. It goes into what I believe is the CD changer/Sat Nav port. Just to be aware, if you have the sat nav you'll need a Y splitter cable.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
carpmandanw likes this.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page