Upgrades Climate control display - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 15th September 2018, 12:35 Thread Starter

Climate control display

Hi hope someone can help. My factory fitted radio has decided itís had enough and stopped working. I wanted to know if I replace with a aftermarket head unit and bought the required adapters would my climate control display still work? My built in satnav I know wonít work as the control is built into the head unit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 15th September 2018, 12:51
Supporter

Car: 2009 1.8 ex gt
I think I read you need to replace the clock display with non sat nav model

I’m sure someone with much more knowledge will confirm this
But you might find it easier to replace the std head unit with the same model assuming they are interchangeable as well
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 28th September 2018, 23:43
Supporter

speaking to someone on here a while back apparently is a way of doing it just having figured out how yet as he ain't been online in some time.
my civic has the built in sat nav with the clock at the wide I changed the basic CD player with a double din and now I get the clips to come undone on the Sat nav and clock display proving to be a bit of a cow to do it and as I can't unplug it, it stays on and when I have the key in just enough to play music unit having 3 displays running kills my battery fairly quickly.
I was thinking about taking it out fully and installing a basic full length clock but I got told about some adapters that you can get that plug into certain double din units to enable you to control the Sat nav/clock/ digital c/c display
I'm going to keep digging got to be a answer on here somewhere

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 25th October 2018, 19:03

Garage
Anyone the parts code for a suitable clock that will work with the connects2? having trouble locating one on ebay

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page