2Likes
  • 1 Post By casper_uk
  • 1 Post By Compton

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 14th December 2018, 13:38 Thread Starter

Car: 2009 1.8l EX-GT
Problems replacing faulty radio

Hi,

I've got a 2009 ex-gt. My radio packed up and when I found out a new one from Honda would cost 1k (and fixing the one in the car would likely cost the same) I had a double din aftermarket one fitted. it worked fine *except* for the fact the small LCD display screen that usually has the climate control temps etc on it, simply showed gobbledegook instead! The larger screen becomes redundant, which is fine *if* the smaller one still works. The shop that fitted it said there was nothing that could be done about that so I got a refund and had the old stereo re-installed.

I have been looking ever since for a second hand replacement (model number 39100-smg-e612-m1) without any luck. Plenty of similar-looking radios with different model numbers on ebay, but Honda dealership parts dept chap told me they won't work and only the 39100-smg-e612-m1 will. I've been scouring the internet for months looking for this model stereo without even a sniff. Can anyone offer any advice on how to track down a used radio 39100-smg-e612-m1, or alternatively whether it's possible to get an aftermarket solution that doesn't render the small display useless, making it impossible to know climate control temps?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 14th December 2018, 14:19
Administrator

Car: MY13 1.8 EX Auto
Thanked 1,705 Times in 1,428 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
There are plenty of members here who have replaced the stock radio with an aftermarket one successfully.

Just come back frequently for a reply or do a search here as there are some examples.

This may help: https://www.civinfo.com/forum/search...rchid=25465616
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 18th December 2018, 17:36
Supporter

Cars with sat nav have a slightly different small screen at the back compared to the non sat nav small screens. It's something to do with how they communicate which effects double din installs and produces the gobbledegook you saw. Easiest fix is to take a small screen from a non sat nav car and put it in yours with the double din. Everything should work then with the correct wires installed with the double din.
Kremmen likes this.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 18th December 2018, 19:16

Give these people a ring, they reckon they can repair Honda radios and nav units
Kremmen likes this.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page