Connects2 install - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 14th February 2019, 21:22 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 57 civic EX
Garage
Connects2 install

Hey Gang,

Just wanted to say massive thanks to all the connects2 how to's on here.

Just installed mine on a 57 plate EX. Took about 2 hours. And I fed all the cabling through the center console and through the gromit into the arm rest. Loads of people have said that the cable isn't long enough to reach, but mine did just fine. Only thing is I hope nothing unlplugs as the connects2 box is beneath the center console by the handbrake.

All seems to be working fine fingers crossed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10th March 2019, 21:02

Garage
OK- I've looked at a few old threads which very grateful for on this.

I have come up with a combo I think of different ways of doing this.

I've slowly got various different cables since by chance I picked up a used wing mirror to replace the smashed one, the blurred radio and a wheel arch liner from a really handy guy breaking a civic.

Casually mentioning the ipod problem he remembered taking out a connects 2 from one so I got power mirror and clock (fitted by him and also replaced NS resistor that had packed up)! wheel arch liner and the connects2 for 130!

So looking at other threads I intend to run 3M aux cable out the back of the connects which I will stick on back of HU with no.plate fixer pads/double side tape.

Through the back of dash and then under the gearbox console through to the console box with the long AUX female jack through the hole with a cut in a rubber grommett.

I then hope to pop in a 3.5mm splitter and connect one to the combo ipod cable/male jack I used in my old pioneer system.
I have a USB female to male to connect the combo to the 12v charger i think can tuck in and out to end up next to charger.

The other splitter can connect ordinary male/male 3.5mm to phone to play internet radio etc. to a phone holder on the dash.

Bought plastic trim tools and some velvet tape to try and help trim not to rattle when it all goes back together.

Was about to buy the bluetooth one so can take calls but getting the connects basic for 2/3 off thought lets have a go and try and make as neat as possible....

when I get 5 minutes to start it I'll post some progress pics..... hopefully can tackle it next weekend
post #3 of 2 (permalink) Old 7th April 2019, 22:39

I'm amazed at the quality of the connects2 sound and volume. It makes CD sound like the poor relation. I assume its working as some sort of preamp?

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page