Head Unit Help with Choosing Head Unit - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 31st March 2019, 15:18 Thread Starter

Car: 2007 2.2 5 door, Purple
Red face Help with Choosing Head Unit

Hi guys,

I have a few questions:

1. I am trying to find a good head unit for my non satnav car. I need cheapest CarPlay enabled one, so can anyone help me with that?
2. I suppose I will need Connects2, so can you please help me find a link for proper version.
2a. Related to above, what is ideal size for head unit to fit in Connects2 fascia?
2b. Will steering wheel controls and clock screen work as usual? I guess Connects2 will enable that so please related to question 2, can I have a link for a kit that will include everything?
2c. Is there anything that will not work?
3. Please please help me with this or if you have one that might fit this description and don't need it, lemme know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 6th April 2019, 15:56

1. Take a look at some xtrons double din headunits, loads of features for a reasonable price. However, for a good/cheap apple car play double din id say this one.
https://www.halfords.com/technology/...-and-bluetooth

2. Here is the correct version
Connects2 Ltd
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CTKHD01-S...frcectupt=true

2.a Any double din headunit

2.b Yes

2.c The display will just show honda but the climate controls and display for that will still work. Just wont tell you what radio station etc.
Thanks to iMZee from:

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Tags
carplay , connects2 , head unit , ice

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page