Tweeter speakers missing - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11th April 2019, 16:59 Thread Starter
Supporter

Tweeter speakers missing

Hi guys

Ive only just noticed that the tweeters in my civic 1.4 dont come as standard.

I used to own a 2.2 type s and after years of regretting getting rid i got myself a cheap 1.4 and have noticed a few things that are missing from the 1.4 models. The tweeters being the main missing part id like to fit. Getting hold of the tweeters and panel isnt the hard part its the wiring loom and where it would wire into.

Does anyone have any idea if it would be a simple plug and play?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 15th April 2019, 01:13

Imo, it would be simpler to get a pair of low powered (low rms) after market component speakers which have a cross over. This will improve sound quality as the original speakers in the car will be fairly old (paper based woofer so it deteriorates with time and weather). With aftermarket components, its as simple as plugging in the +ve -ve into the crossover device, then wiring the tweeter and woofer from the crossover.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page