Head Unit DAB aerial options - Civinfo
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By theskippies

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10th June 2019, 10:10 Thread Starter
Supporter

DAB aerial options

Hi Folks

I installed a Double din pioneer avh-3100dab last year, it came with a DAB aerial in the box. Its the small black pencil type that sticks to a window, it has no ground metal tab that people talk about and at the other end just the small pop connector straight to the head unit.

I have two issues DAB and FM reception

To be honest I never really listen to the radio and reception when tested in my driveway was ok. Over the past few months, iv started to listen to absolute classic rock and noticed how unreliable the signal is even on all the channels, I checked the connection and its ok and tried various locations on the windscreen to improve reception but its crap lol.

Without putting an external DAB aerial in, can anyone recommend the best option.

Also the FM aerial on these cars wasn't great anyway, but with the new headunit fitted and all connections in place its even worse, has anyone found this after making the switch to double din on FM radio

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10th June 2019, 11:37

Hi, I've used the autoleadd DAB film antenna from Halfords.

I fitted under the side cover, away from the airbag, was fiddly but made the earth connection and live in rural Cumbria, reception is as good as our C4 picasso.

Did you use the correct adapter for your radio aerial? Needs to be powered,.connect2 have one, I have better reception than I had before I think.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10th June 2019, 12:08

Here's where I installed mine

Connorlavo likes this.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10th June 2019, 13:20 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by theskippies View Post
Hi, I've used the autoleadd DAB film antenna from Halfords.

I fitted under the side cover, away from the airbag, was fiddly but made the earth connection and live in rural Cumbria, reception is as good as our C4 picasso.

Did you use the correct adapter for your radio aerial? Needs to be powered,.connect2 have one, I have better reception than I had before I think.

Mite try this type of DAB aerial, mine doesn't have a ground/earth you see and mite be a cheap nasty one.

Yes I bought all the connect2 leads, I plugged in the adapter and connected the FM aerial and power connection. Had a look through the forum there, maybe its to do with the ground for the aerial around the boot location being bad
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10th June 2019, 13:25

Ah luckily my boot ground seems ok.

I found a post where someone had lifted the side cover gently just below the airbag, using several hands and screwdrivers I managed to get my earth strip onto metal and cable pulled through so I could hide it all.

Its tight and a challenge I'll be honest

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page