AUX in Easy way to add MP3 support to your factory headunit - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 19th April 2007, 17:49 Thread Starter
Supporter

Thumbs up Easy way to add MP3 support to your factory headunit

Have a look at the MP3 XcarLink. The device connects to the standard HU and acts as a MP3 player. It can be controlled via your HU buttons. It has a USB port and a 3.5mm line in. You can store the songs on a memory card, USB pen drive or portable 2.5" USB HD. Line in can be used to connect a MP3 player like a Creative or Ipod etc.

This device will work even if you have a cd changer currently connected to your stereo. No need to disconnect it.

If you have an Ipod there is an Ipod version that lets you connect your Ipod to the factory HU, control it via the head unit and also charge it. See sellers other items.

To purchase see: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MP3-XcarLink-M...QQcmdZViewItem

To see full list of compatible HONDA head units see:http://cgi.ebay.com.cn/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150095826611&ih=005&ca tegory=38641&referrer=http%3A//stores.ebay.com.cn/cartechnology

Good friendly seller. Excellent communication. Delivery was fast and no import duty. Delivery was by Fed-Ex.

------------------------------------------------

I received mine today for one of our other cars a VW. Keys to remove the factory head unit are provided with the XcarLink. Installation was simple. I have located the unit in the glove box. It works great and I am very happy with it.

Nickp.

Last edited by nickp8; 19th April 2007 at 17:54.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 19th April 2007, 18:04
Administrator

Car: Jag XF 3.0
Thanked 2,772 Times in 824 Posts
Eco display
Send a message via Skype™ to Pottsy
Already mentioned here - although it looks like it ought to work with the new Civ, it will be nice to hear that someone has done it.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 20th April 2007, 17:22
Supporter

Send a message via MSN to generationgav
Yeah, I'm afraid that I just wouldn't buy something unless I knew it was going to work.
Would be VERY interesting to see if it can play songs OK off my 2GB memory card via HU controls!

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 22nd April 2007, 21:33

I think I'll watch this thread with interest. I have been creating mp3 CDs to play when I pick up my new Civic but have had trouble getting all my favourite tracks from particular genres onto a whole CD. For instance my dance tracks are over 1000 in total, and although I can get them on to a DVD there is no way I can squeeze them onto a single CD. OK, I know I could get them on to a number of CDs but I like the idea of having all the tracks available without switching (I'm too lazy). It's a pity Honda didn't fit a DVD player as a head unit, it can't actually be that much more expensive when ASDA bung DVD players for £20.

This however looks like a great soluation as I have a 8Gb pen drive, and have that stuffed full with my music. If it works with an iPOD aswell, I'll ask the missus nicely if I can borrow her iPOD.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 22nd April 2007, 21:48
Supporter

Send a message via MSN to sco77harris
i like
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 22nd April 2007, 21:52 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Email the seller a picture of your head unit and model number and he can tell you if it is compatible. All the interfaces do really is mimic an mp3 cd changer so it really should work on any radio that can take a cd changer.

Nickp.

Last edited by nickp8; 22nd April 2007 at 21:54.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 23rd April 2007, 13:38
Supporter

Send a message via MSN to generationgav
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickp8 View Post
Email the seller a picture of your head unit and model number and he can tell you if it is compatible. All the interfaces do really is mimic an mp3 cd changer so it really should work on any radio that can take a cd changer.
We have found that this is not a reliable way of them telling us if it's compatible, we've been told that devices are compatible when they're definitely not before.
Each of the CD Changers can be slightly different too.we've had devices which physically fitted, but didn't actually work.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 23rd April 2007, 18:14
King of the rodeo

Send a message via MSN to czechplastik
I don't think anyone's brave enough to have a go, at £70 inc. P+P it's expensive if it don't work.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 23rd April 2007, 18:23

HI there,
just signed up after searching the web for stuff and found your site! Excellent stuff by the way!

I was the one who did the write up on the Accord site. If you can get access to the bottom of the head unit and see a 14pin connector (white) I am quite certain that it will work.

The unit has been excellent and actually has 11 folders...haven't managed to fill up the 4GB memory card yet though ...any questions just ask!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 23rd April 2007, 18:25
Supporter

I have an idea , don't know if anybody is up for it though.

Here goes:-
Why don't a group of people who are interested in this (I'm sure there are plenty!) all put say £5 each in a pot for somebody to buy and to try one of these. If it works then the person who tried it refunds everybody who payed the said £5. If it dosent work then you lost a fiver rather than £70.

Not sure if this is possible or how it would work, just an idea.
What do you think?

Or you can tell me to stop being stupid!!
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 23rd April 2007, 19:11
King of the rodeo

That's fair enough Joey, if you can trust strangers! Need someone technically minded enough to make a good go at it. If I was happy with who was chosen I'd certainly forward £5.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 23rd April 2007, 20:16
Supporter

Send a message via MSN to sco77harris
pottsy is the guy to use lol
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 23rd April 2007, 22:55
King of the rodeo

He already has his own solution fitted though.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page