Speakers Worth upgrading EX to front Co-ax speakers? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 30th July 2006, 16:28 Thread Starter
Supporter

Worth upgrading EX to front Co-ax speakers?

Hi all,
very impressed with some of the upgrades done on this site but I'm not a great audiophile. However, having 192Kb WMA capability in the car means I'll certainly listen to more music than I did in my Accord SE.

I'm trying to avoid spending too much further on the car (could go on forever!) as the leather/18" factory fit options were the most important to me.

I'm definitely adding:

RearView Camera + Civic Type R gear-knob.

Would I see a decent boost in bass/sound quality from adding Co-ax to the front only over the standard EX speakers? The full concert pack or upgrading all 4 speakers is more than I want to spend on audio. If not then may go for the studio pack upgrade to get the camera + bling.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 30th July 2006, 17:06
Administrator

Car: Jag XF 3.0
Thanked 2,772 Times in 824 Posts
Eco display
Send a message via Skype™ to Pottsy
Upgrading the speakers will not give you more bass - but the rest of the spectrum will be much clearer and less harsh or gratey. To get proper low down bass, you have to add a sub (see the How-To section). Rearview camera is well worth it - but one note of caution with the 18" wheels, make sure you drive a Civ with them on before you commit. The ride can get a bit harsh and the directional stability can suffer.

Pottsy

PS - Welcome!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 30th July 2006, 17:13 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Thanks Pottsy. Great site, very nice to see the rear-view camera in action!

Had no probs with the ride on the 18" tyres, Certainly a little more jiggly but enjoyed them and of course they look great too.

My dealer doesn't seem to have any Civics at present with the speaker upgrade. Do you know if the co-ax make a big difference? And would just 2 be enough to do so?

Cheers

PS - very jealous of the 170 PS upgrade, best not mess with mine till the lease is up though!

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page