Speakers Rear Speakers - Help please. - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 8th August 2006, 20:36 Thread Starter

Rear Speakers - Help please.

Can someone kindly give me a steer regarding rear speakers. I've read all the past threads and the issue seems to get missed each time.

Wanting to fit in with the crowd 8) , I'm looking at buying infinity reference 6510cs for the front from ebay (71 incl.P&P) and am wondering whether it's worth getting a second set for the back. - Before you say it, I know that I don't need the tweeters on the second set, but the price is keen and it saves me some grief.

So, my questions are:
1./ Is it worth replacing the rear speakers?
2./ If so, why does no-one else seem to have done it?
3./ Would the 6510cs be a good idea? (any better suggestions welcomed).

Sorry for all the questions. I'll be hassling you about AMPs and SUBs before long I suspect, but I dont want to clutter up the footwell and boot just yet - I've only had the car since last Wednesday!

P.S. Big thanks to everyone who's posted about ICE so far, hopefully it's got me asking slightly less daft questions!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 8th August 2006, 21:40
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to scol78 Send a message via Yahoo to scol78
Ive been asking the same question for a week now but had no replys.I have changed the front speakers for 6510`s which i bought of ebay for 71.They are a great sounding speaker,clear and vibrant but a little tinny.I am looking for something for the back that will give me a little bass boost, so i would not replace them with 6510`s.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 8th August 2006, 21:55 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by scol78
Ive been asking the same question for a week now but had no replys.I have changed the front speakers for 6510`s which i bought of ebay for 71.They are a great sounding speaker,clear and vibrant but a little tinny.I am looking for something for the back that will give me a little bass boost, so i would not replace them with 6510`s.
Cheers SCOL78 - thanks for the warning about the bass. - Here's hoping the others can shed a bit more light on this...

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 8th August 2006, 22:03
12th June 2006 1.8EX

Quote:
Could the 'Tinny' sound could be caused by the crossovers possibly?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 8th August 2006, 22:06
Supporter

No i spoke to someone at leicesters ICE car electronics after installing them and they say its the speaker,and if i wanted a more natural mellow sound to go for an American speaker like Audio Lab.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 8th August 2006, 22:09
Supporter

I suppose you could install them without wiring the tweeters,remember the tweeters can be wired at 2 different treble settings.Mine are on the lowest setting but i still think are a little too trebbly
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 9th August 2006, 20:26

Quote:
I suppose you could install them without wiring the tweeters,remember the tweeters can be wired at 2 different treble settings.Mine are on the lowest setting but i still think are a little too trebbly
Since fitting the 6510cs I've been trying to find the time to get back out and change the tweeters to the lower setting. At the moment I just have the treble turned all the way down. They are far too trebley. But the bass from the 6510's is a huge step up from the standard speakers which in fairness weren't unbearably bad to begin with.
I'm planning on changing the rear speakers too and if they'll fit I think I'll stick with the 6510's . When I make the change on the crossover wiring I might try one of the 6510s I have in the back and see how they fit. I'll post the results unless somebody else beats me to it!

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page