AUX in iPod EX interface - Dice has possible solution! - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 17th August 2007, 07:55 Thread Starter

iPod EX interface - Dice has possible solution!

Dear Civ EX fellowers.
We all want our iPod to display playlist/track info on the HU, right?.

Dice in the US has a solution for the US models based on SAT radio interface. I've been in touch with them to see if a solution for EU models exist:

"All the Honda head units here in the US come already set up for XM radio capability. The radios support RDS text for the XM and our unit pretends to be the XM and replaces it for the text from the iPod to display. I have heard that there is a POSSIBILITY that the UK Honda radios do have the XM code somewhere in the radio even though there is no button on the display. However we have not yet had a chance to test this theory."

I've send them some of the link to all the discussions here and here's the reply:

"I passed the links along to the tech supervisor and he said that unless your radios were XM/Sirius-ready that our unit will not be able to display text. However there is no way to tell from the front of the radio if the code for the XM/Sirius may be in the radio even though there’s no button for it. He said if your radios have an external MP3 changer, or a CD-changer that supports CD-Text, or an MD-Changer option and someone can get us the radio + the changer then we can probably make it happen."

So my questions to you all are:

1) Does the CD changer display the needed info?
2) Who will pull out there Radio and fexed to Dice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 17th August 2007, 08:05
Bog
Supporter

Car: 2016 CR-V 1.6 160 4WD
Eco display
The CD changer does not send 'text' throught the bus cable.

The Dice will probably work in terms of audio in (Aux in), but you will not see any track info.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 17th August 2007, 23:04
Foglight Covers FORSALE

i already have this and have said how good it is. i can also get sound using this when watching video on my satnav screen.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page