Subwoofer Inphase USW10 - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 2nd July 2012, 23:37 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: Accord Type S Tourer
Garage
Inphase USW10

Hey all - can anyone give any first-hand feedback on the Inphase USW10 sub? All the reviews seem to be excellent on the interweb, but obviously I have to seek the advice of civinfo before I purchase anything!

Anyone on here got one of these or heard one in action? I'm thinking of sticking it under the seat as I've gone past filling my boot with speakers these days!

Cheers
Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 3rd July 2012, 07:03
Supporter

Car: 2008 cts 1.8 red
I fitted one last weekend, very neat bit of kit and pritty good on price. its still bedding in as we bdont use the car much in the week but sounds excelent so far very controled bass. it wont blow your windows, some of the other options out there are louder but this is so much tighter and more controled, I did loads of research and tested so may before setteling on this one, second choise was the Focal BUS20, but that was £45.00 morse and larger in size but no better in sound(pay for the name really. a nice thing with the USW10 is that the wireing harness is one connector so its easy to whip out if you want to put the seats down. we are really impressed considering the price, just need to fit the rockford components and coaxcils and some dynomat when my speaker rings arrive.
Thanks to matt5964 from:
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 3rd July 2012, 11:24 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Yeah I was looking at the Focal one as well, but the Inphase had better reviews although not a brand I know much about...

Sounds like you've got the same type of install in mind as me - new components and soundproofing will come next, then that should be it (where have we heard that before...)

Did you fit the Inphase yourself? Presuming it needs a live direct to the battery, and a signal from the rear speakers? If you've got any tips on fitting yours it would be good to hear mate.

Cheers!

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 3rd July 2012, 12:20
Supporter

yes i did fit it myself, I took a feed form both rear speakers I used chock block from just below the speaker connectors as I will also use this when connecting replacement speakers you can then run the wires inside the trim and out the pice that pulls off at the bottom then behind the carpet to the center were the sub is placed. as for the power I took a feed from the rear aux power socket in the boot as we dont use it (its the thicker yellow cable in the loomb under carpet below rear seats) the remote is easly fitted into the center cubby hole in the arm rest if you remove the console (only 4 screws) there is a rubber gromet you can use then feed the cable under the carpet to the sub
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 3rd July 2012, 12:21
Supporter

the next thing for me will be adding a KTP445 amp in the dashboard.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 1st August 2012, 21:28 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Hey matt - just a quick one re the power for this - so it doesn't need a power lead to the battery?

If not, is there somewhere I can take a feed for power without cutting into the loom? ie directly from the power socket in the boot?
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 2nd August 2012, 06:54
Supporter

you could join behind the 12v socket but then you will need to run the cable back.
I used the same cable that feeds the 12v socket and split it under the rear seat right were the sub sits. realy easy and neat.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11th August 2012, 11:49
Supporter

Hi, first post!!!
Wanted to do more of a write-up as my first post to show appreciation for all the useful info but am actually a little stuck so need to ask for advice!
I've found a thicker yellow wire as described above but I'm in a 57 plate Type S GT so wanted to know if the colours will be the same as the R.
Also I would like to ask what is the best/easiest thing to so with the blue and white remote wire. Does it need to go onto the radio feed or is there anywhere closer a suitable feed can be picked up?

Many thanks for all the great tips/ideas/tutorials here, it really is an amazing resource and good spirited community

dan
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11th August 2012, 13:43
Supporter

Hmmm, think I've got it.
Watch this space......
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11th August 2012, 15:31
Supporter

my car it a 58 plate s gt so wireing will be the same.

if you are useing the aux yellow cable in the rear you dont need the remote as the aux is only powered when the igintion is on. I spliced the power and remote together so when the igintion is switched on the rear aux socket is powered and also the sub.

It has bedded in nicely sounding very good much more punchy than I was expecting, getting better each time we use it.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 11th August 2012, 18:59
Supporter

Ah, sorry, thought it was a Type R as I was following a guide to getting at the rear speakers from an R and as I've read soooo many things on here relating to this kind of mod in the past week, they've all kinda rolled into one massive mush in my brain!
But yeah, after a few more searches on here I realised I could do that but I decided to wire a switch in the remote wire so I could turn it off when I wasn't using the radio.
Was quite tricky today as I plan to do a few other ICE mods so some of the stuff I did was kinda temporary as I know I'll be revisiting at a later date when I can finalise it and know IT'S ALL COMPLETE AND I REALLY DON'T NEED TO MESS AROUND ANY MORE, HONEST!!!!!
Oh, and I forgot to take pics too. Knackers.
Was mainly gonna take pics of the looms under the seats so people knew what was where.
Next time.......

Thanks for the reply bro
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 11th August 2012, 19:20
Supporter

no worrys glad you got it sorted
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 7th April 2016, 08:48
Civinfo Hobbyist Trader

Car: 2010 2.2 i-Dtec CRV
A bit old thread but can somebody who has this sub measure impedance range of the remote controller? I guess its simple variable resistor. Just bought usw10 but without any wiring... tkanks in advance!
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 13th April 2016, 13:29
Civinfo Hobbyist Trader

Car: 2010 2.2 i-Dtec CRV
Ok.
Found it...
It's a 51kohm linear variable resistor, just in case somebody needs the info...
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 31st January 2018, 21:44
Supporter

Car: 2008 - TypeS-GT Milano Red
Holy thread revival.

I need to make a loom for one of these subs, I have the connector and pins and pinout thanks to this site.
Can anyone advise the wire thickness?

Thanks

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page