Upgrades Good ICE dealer reccomendations wanted! London or Essex area - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 3rd October 2007, 12:16 Thread Starter
Supporter

Good ICE dealer reccomendations wanted! London or Essex area

Im about to bite the bullet and and go for
4 speaker upgrade (pottsy reccomended infinity kappas)
Amp
Sub woofer

I'm no good at car DIY and I want to pay someone I can trust to do the job.
What im looking for is
- someone with experience of honda civics (pref type S or type S GT)
- a good clean professional job, with no loose wires or rattles
- some degree of comeback, if necessary
- Essex or London area. I'm in Romford, so can drive anywhere for 1 hour.

I'm happy to pay the going rate.

If anyone has used someone really good and is happy with the work done please reccomend them! Im looking to book in asap.

Thanks

PS been to caraudiosecurity.com but they were charging me 2 days labour at 500. I think thats taking the mick. The ice guy down the road (who hasnt done a civic yet, and i dont want to be the 1st ) would do the job for a flat 80.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 3rd October 2007, 13:18
Supporter

I would be interested to as it sounds like i have the same planned for my type r! I live in southampton if theres any around this area, or i would drive towards london if needs be!

Psykik what speakers/amp/sub are you looking at? I don't want to loose out on boot space as i tend to use it quite a bit for kitesurfing gear etc. I was thinking using one of the compact subs by alphine or pioneer to put under the back seats.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 3rd October 2007, 17:46 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

leeroy so far best solution was provided by Pottsy in another thread:
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/ipods-m...700-under.html

Im looking to spend £1000 all in approx. Hope this helps

Reccomendations for good ICE dealers, installers wanted PLEASE!!

Summary:
Option 1:

4 efficient 6.5" component speakers (£180) and a small active sub like the little Alpine (£100). Fitting by a pro, possibly £200 plus, depending on where you go.

Active subs.

Option 2:

4 higher quality 6.5" component speakers (£270), a 5 channel amp (£250), 2 LOCs (£50), a slim subwoofer (£140) and cabling/dynamat/connectors (£80). Total £790 DIY.
Fitting could be £500+, but the job on the Civic is not hard, it just takes a bit of time. A keen amateur could do a nice neat job in a lazy day.

Car Audio Direct - The UK's leading car audio and stereo resource. Infinity Kappa 65.7cs - Infinity INF-KAPPA65.7CS
Car Audio Direct - The UK's leading car audio and stereo resource. Alpine MRV-F450 - Alpine ALP-MRVF450
Car Audio Direct - The UK's leading car audio and stereo resource. Stinger SALOC - Stinger STI-SALOC
Car Audio Direct - The UK's leading car audio and stereo resource. Blaupunkt THB250 - Blaupunkt BLA-THB250

Subjectively, using total guesswork and a few assumptions mixed with quite a few years of experience, mistakes and successes; if the OEM sound quality is 4/10, option 1 would be 6/10 and option 2 7.5/10. To get any better you need to dump the HU and replace with something nice (with proper time EQ) and build proper enclosures for the speakers.

This whole subject is so varied and there are so many opinions, this is just my take, so anyone else feel free to disagree and lob their own ideas in!

Warranty

If you make a claim on the warranty, the claim will be rejected if the fault is directly or indirectly caused by unauthorised work. So if your fancy speakers break the door card, then it's tough luck. But the rest of your warranty will be fine.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 4th October 2007, 11:58 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

anyone?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 4th October 2007, 19:11

Picking my Civic up this Saturday form Newton Honda in Croydon. They have reccomended Turners Car Radio 0208 688 2224. I have spoke with a chap called Dan, service has been great and he's ordering my ICE tomorrow. Seem very professional and have been going since 1976 so i think should do a solid job. Will let you know how it goes.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 4th October 2007, 19:59 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Storrsman yes please, when youre done, drop some feedback here! Thanks

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page