Technical Wanted: ipod installer in Essex - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 4th October 2007, 23:02 Thread Starter
Supporter

Wanted: ipod installer in Essex

At last, after waiting over a month, my Dension Ice Link Plus (actualy a Gateway 100) arrived last week! I immediately rang the people recommended by www,ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk, a company called Incar-Installer. A very helpful sounding man took all my details and promised that someone would ring me back to make an appointment. Several days later, having had no response back, I tried again. Another, even more helpful sounding, man again took my details and after hearing that I'd had no response promised to ring me back in 30 minutes.

Well, that was several days ago and I'm getting a little bored. Before I ring them to tell them what I think of their service, does anyone else know of a good reliable in car entertainment installer in Essex who's done one of these before and at least knows how to dismantle and reassemble a Civic dash without scratching it?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11th October 2007, 22:30

Re Ipod Install

PM me your details and i ll come over a fit it this weekend. I did my own install and have no issues
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 14th October 2007, 06:34
King of the rodeo

Send a message via MSN to czechplastik
Quote:
Originally Posted by poejay View Post
PM me your details and i ll come over a fit it this weekend. I did my own install and have no issues
Can you come to Belfast?
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 21st October 2007, 20:28 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

At last! Found a local company (Just ICE) to fit my Dension Gateway 100. They did it last week while I was away, so no pictures. But everythings fitted and working fine. No problems at all.

Thanks to Poejay for his kind offer of assistance. Alas, I wasn't able to take you up on it.

Thanks also to Mrs Lickman, who organised the fitting as a nice surprise for me when I got back from Zurich
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 23rd October 2007, 21:39
Supporter

How are you enjoying your new ice install there John? Whats the improvement over before? Would you please put up some pics for us? Could you indicate how much you paid for the job and if youre happy date also if theres any rattles, or any way you think the job might have been done better in hindsight? Thanks
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 27th October 2007, 18:16 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Hi psykik,

I am enjoying having my ipod in the car very much. I travel alot on business and, when I'm flying, I listen to audio books. If I'm half way through a good story, I like to listen to the rest of it during my drive home. In my last car I had a cassette tape adaptor which worked OK, but not as good as this.

For the record I bought my Dension unit from http://www.podcarkitdirect.co.uk. They supplied me with the following parts:

GW15HB1 - The Gateway 100
IPO2CR9 - The active cradle
A Brodit Proclip to mount the iPod where I wanted (there are lots - take your pick)

When the parts arrived, I spoke to Just ICE who did a very good job. Everything was installed neatly and cleanly and the dash has no scratches or rattles.

It took a bit of head scratching to get the Gateway 100 to operate in "ipod mode", rather than the default "gateway mode". But now it's perfect. The ipod is controlled by the ipod controls and the car audio is controlled by the car controls.

The car audio display only shows that I'm using the CD Changer, disk 5, track 99, that's all - no artist or song title information, which is a shame but not the end of the world.

As requested, here's some photos of the installed ipod.
ipod1.jpg
ipod2.jpg
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 28th October 2007, 16:05
Supporter

thanks John, excellent job done

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page