Speakers Should I change standard speakers for the upgrade ones? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 8th October 2007, 09:34 Thread Starter
Lord of JAE.....

Car: 58' NHB Type R-GT
Should I change standard speakers for the upgrade ones?

Hi,

My car is just being finalised, should be about 2 weeks roughly. Does anyone else think I should upgrade the speakers (I don't listen to Death metal or D&B etc. so don't need enough bass to blow out the windows, been there done that...lol). The test car's speakers seemed good, and clear, so I decided against the two lots of speakers and the Bass-works thing, I mean 750 quid for the stuff seemed quite pricey..... but after reading on here, have I made the right decision??

TIA,
Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 8th October 2007, 10:02

After what I've read in this forum, an aftermarket upgrade is to be preferred.
Infinity REF6520CS should fit if you don't want to bother with sw.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 8th October 2007, 10:11
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS

Car: DS3
The Honda upgrade have been well slated , most people go the after market route

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 8th October 2007, 10:15
Supporter

Yes, go aftermarket route... you'll be much, much more happy!
As for Infinities, they are probably good, but there are also lots of other aftermarket speakers that fit.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 8th October 2007, 10:22 Thread Starter
Lord of JAE.....
** Thread starter **

Car: 58' NHB Type R-GT
Thanks guys, I'll probably end up sticking with the standard ones then for a while, as I don't really want to go down the DIY route on a brand new car, maybe in a couple of years or so I'll pop in some Infinities, I had them (6x9's) on my Corsa and the power from them through just my standard Sony head unit was immense.

I'm glad I didn't waste 750 quid on the speakers now (I'll put it towards the spoiler and some fuel instead, lol)

Tom
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 8th October 2007, 18:52

Just taken delivery of 1.8 Sport last week and part of my deal was to get co-ax speakers fitted in front and the back....the car is great really enjoying driving it

Everyone will hear things differently for sure, but I've been very impressed by the upgraded speakers......I've paid good money on previous cars for decent speakers \ headunit and this is really pretty decent compared to my old VW Golf........I'm sure added amplification would help further and some will want everything upgraded and if you have the time\inclination to do so then it'd prob be well worthwhile.

I've some fairly well specced seperates I use at home that cost a few grand collectively, so I appreciate decent sound when i hear it..........and I've been pleasently surprised by the sound produced in the civic with the dealer fit co-ax....feels solid and I've absolutely no complaints. My missus said last night how much better it sounds than the golf, so it must be fairly decent for her to say so.

Infinity make very good speakers for sure, but it's all down to yourself and whether you want to simply pick up your car with all the prep done, or get get someone else \ yourself to kit after taking delivery.............either way it will be better than the standard cones...which are not the best IMHO.

If my dealer had not been as cooperative in the deal I'd have gone for an infinity install I reckon.......but no plans to change anything now.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 8th October 2007, 19:55

Ive given my Bassworks Upgrade kit a good testing over the last few days - Pink Floyd sounded immense and My Bloody Valentines wall of noise was the dogs B*ll*x .... i kn ow others didnt rate it....but I am well happy....except that I cant hear the TV now!!!!!!!!

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page