Amplifier Fitting an Amplifier and speakers - Civinfo
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By ritchie_perriam

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 25th October 2007, 23:57 Thread Starter

Fitting an Amplifier and speakers

I have just upgraded the ICE On my Type R as the original system left a lot to be desired as I appreciate clarity when listening to music. I have fitted 6" JL speakers model TR6550, put dynamat in the doors and also fitted an Amp in-between the outer and inner skin at the rear behind the interior card (what would be the rear door card if it was a 5 door). I was going to replace the radio with a Sony DVD double din touch screen, but was put of as the original radio would need to be repositioned and 200 spent on a new radio fascia. I did try the speakers with out the amp, but the sound quality was poor as the radio has little power. I also fitted a line level converter which I was very dubious of, but there is no hum or hiss and must say sounds as good as a line level out put on a after market head unit, so no need to buy a clean sweep. I am now very very happy with the sound quality and have plenty of Mid bass, so much clearer when comparing it to the Bass works. in case some one want to know how i ran the power cable from the battery, there is a plate behind the glove box which is where the wirring loom would be if the car was left hand drive.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00250.jpg (93.3 KB, 1841 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00256.jpg (76.4 KB, 1343 views)
Thanks to gizmotron from:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 26th October 2007, 11:27
Supporter

Car: '08 2.2 NHB CRV
neat solution!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 16th February 2008, 22:35
Supporter

Car: 1989 BMW 325i sport
im probably gonna use one of those line out converters, they give a much better sound than just using the speaker output!

did you use the outputs from the front or rear speakers?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 17th February 2008, 00:42 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

I used it on the fronts and left the rears in place. the head unit is not powerfull but at least it gives a clear sound. a good amp and speakers will give you a nice clean sound. I also used dynamat just behind the speaker on the door card and made sure that the speakers were sealed to the speaker adaptors and the door card.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 18th February 2008, 01:13
Supporter

Car: 1989 BMW 325i sport
im currently in the designing stage of my audio and my budget has gone through the roof! i wish i didnt get so carried away

think i will wait and get everything in one go and spend a couple of days doing it! saves taking the car apart more than once!

i cant wait till i have a good sound system! i miss my old car!
astrixx likes this.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page