Speakers speaker issues & head unit question - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 22nd January 2013, 13:05 Thread Starter
Supporter

Talking speaker issues & head unit question

hi everyone,

just a question has anyone had an issue with there speakers where they seem to fade between each other as my left speaker seems to just randomly stop working and then start again ??

and i wanted to upgrade my speakers and still do but i see on previous threads people recommened changing the head unit first, will i need like a new part of my dash board to make this fit ?? like a head unit surround if so could anyone tell me where to get it ?? pics welcome

thanks guys,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 22nd January 2013, 13:47
Syx
#MrGrumpy

Car: 2008 2.2 CTS GT
Thanked 2,657 Times in 2,260 Posts
Eco display
Send a message via Skype™ to Syx
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangibbogibson View Post
hi everyone,

just a question has anyone had an issue with there speakers where they seem to fade between each other as my left speaker seems to just randomly stop working and then start again ??

and i wanted to upgrade my speakers and still do but i see on previous threads people recommened changing the head unit first, will i need like a new part of my dash board to make this fit ?? like a head unit surround if so could anyone tell me where to get it ?? pics welcome

thanks guys,
If you change to an aftermarket head unit you will need the fascia and the wiring loom to connect everything up.

Impulse Car Electronics Products SPECIALITY PARTS
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 22nd January 2013, 14:14
Supporter

Car: 2.2 Type S - Milano Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangibbogibson View Post
hi everyone,

thanks guys,

Is your problem on all types of input? Or just when youre using the aux for example?

Sent on iphone via tapatalk

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 22nd January 2013, 14:41
Supporter

Car: 2010 CTR, Milano red
The problem is that the existing speakers have tiny magnets so the underpowered head unit is ok driving them. Once you put in some decent speakers, they need more power to achieve the same volume level. You might even get to the point where the Honda head unit is maxing out and distorting if they are really manly speakers.

If you do swap them out, your choices are either live with it, fit a 4 channel amplifier (or 2 x 2 channel) or get a new head unit. I went for the extra functionality of a double din with satnav, if you can afford it it does make the interior a nice place to be.

Last edited by discus; 22nd January 2013 at 14:44.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 24th January 2013, 23:06

the best way to do it is to firstly buy the connects 2 kit (125) and either a single or double din HU and get shut of the stock unit, (at this point you will notice a massive improvement using just the standard speakers) Next, buy a decent set of 6.5" coaxial for the rears and 6.5" components for the doors, fit them and you now have a system that will be a 100% improvement over the standard equipment.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Tags
head unit , speakers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page