AUX in IPod Connecter - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 5th November 2007, 18:51 Thread Starter

IPod Connecter

I am just about to buy a Honda Civic 2.2 CTDI 5 Door EX, it has 4000 on the clock and in perfect condition.

It even has the I Pod link fitted, I tested it and it works but as I have read in here it is very basic. How, if at all can I have the song, artist, Album etc on the screen?

I am a very heavy I Pod user and would love to have more control on long journeys! I would of thought with the Sat Nav and Audio screen it would be simple, it does it with CD's.

Any suggestions are welcome.

p.s Is it possible to get the Videos on my I Pod on the screen?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 5th November 2007, 19:28
FWH
Supporter

Car: MX-5, C6 Vette & MB S212
Thanked 1,029 Times in 772 Posts
You can´t get the track info etc from the ipod onto the screen.
Sorry. It sucks.

If you are up for some DIY you can built video inputs into the Civic.
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how/777...on-system.html

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 7th November 2007, 20:08

iPod Adaptor

I paid 220 to have the iPod adaptor fitted back in September. Wish I had done my homework and found out how bad it really is before making this BIG mistake. I contacted Honda UK about a refund and complained about how useless it is. They replied it is like that because of Health and Safety concerns stating that it would be as dangerous as using a mobile phone when driving. Absolute crap as playing an MP3 disc can display track info etc.
Anyway, car goes back in this Monday coming to have the offending iPod adaptor removed and Arnold Clark will give me a refund.
I am not finished with Honda UK yet though. Does anyone else have any stories about Honda UK and their indifferent "Customer Relations" dept?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 7th November 2007, 20:56
Administrator

Thanked 1,835 Times in 1,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronniestuart View Post
I paid 220 to have the iPod adaptor fitted back in September. Wish I had done my homework and found out how bad it really is before making this BIG mistake. I contacted Honda UK about a refund and complained about how useless it is. They replied it is like that because of Health and Safety concerns stating that it would be as dangerous as using a mobile phone when driving. Absolute crap as playing an MP3 disc can display track info etc.
Anyway, car goes back in this Monday coming to have the offending iPod adaptor removed and Arnold Clark will give me a refund.
I am not finished with Honda UK yet though. Does anyone else have any stories about Honda UK and their indifferent "Customer Relations" dept?
Hi, I totally agree with you about the ipod connection. I was lucky enough that the demonstrator I test drove had the ipod lead. After a lot of reading on here, I took my ipod to the dealer and insisted on testing it in their car. Which I might add they did not mind one little bit. ( Cheers Holdcroft Honda ) I'm glad I did because it is useless.

Regarding Honda UK customer relations I have contacted them a few times and while they make all the right noises and make you think you are getting good service and they are bending over backwards for you, they never ever return your calls when they promise they will.

Very poor customer service
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 7th November 2007, 20:58
Administrator

Thanked 1,835 Times in 1,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_form_md View Post
p.s Is it possible to get the Videos on my I Pod on the screen?
You're having a laugh, as FWH says you can't even get track info.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 9th November 2007, 20:42
FWH
Supporter

Car: MX-5, C6 Vette & MB S212
Thanked 1,029 Times in 772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronniestuart View Post
I paid 220 to have the iPod adaptor fitted back in September. Wish I had done my homework and found out how bad it really is before making this BIG mistake.
Always do your home work on Civinfo.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page