My install Pioneer AVH-2400BT - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 24th March 2013, 18:52 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2007 1.8 5 door
Pioneer AVH-2400BT

managed to get it fitted yesterday despite the bitter wind and snow.
Massive thanks to everyone on the other thread and especially to discus for his help today.

I'm really pleased with the install despite a few cuts and grazes on my knuckles. The cables were an absolute pig to tuck back in and I had to cut away a small section of the dash to allow the unit to sit back snugly, not my most manly moment I must admit, lots of oohing and wincing as I cut away more and more .
Haven't played with it all properly yet but am impressed so far.
All thats left to do is connect and fit the reverse camera although I think ill wait for some better weather first.
uploadfromtaptalk1364147537126.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1364147556971.jpg

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 24th March 2013, 19:00
R-398

Car: 2009 FN2 CW
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hullcivic1986 View Post
managed to get it fitted yesterday despite the bitter wind and snow.
Massive thanks to everyone on the other thread and especially to discus for his help today.

I'm really pleased with the install despite a few cuts and grazes on my knuckles. The cables were an absolute pig to tuck back in and I had to cut away a small section of the dash to allow the unit to sit back snugly, not my most manly moment I must admit, lots of oohing and wincing as I cut away more and more .
Haven't played with it all properly yet but am impressed so far.
All thats left to do is connect and fit the reverse camera although I think ill wait for some better weather first.
Attachment 87111
Attachment 87112

Nice mate. I like where you put the mic, I put mine up the top of the side airback curtain and was forever stotting my head off it getting in the car. Spent more time dangling that it did fastened.

Are you an iphone user? If so you'll want to get the cable to allow appradio to function. The free navigation is actually not bad if you don't want to shell out on paid apps.
Mixtrax is really good, I liked the idea of selecting a particular mood for music.

Always will love the look of the pioneer double dins once they are installed. Stellar effort mate and the hands will heal haha
Thanks to yasuraka from:
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 24th March 2013, 19:23
Supporter

Car: 2010 CTR, Milano red
That's a great looking head unit, really transforms the look of the car. In a few week you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

That's where I have my microphone too, did you get the black sponge microphone cover with yours?
Thanks to discus from:

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 24th March 2013, 19:50 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by discus View Post
That's where I have my microphone too, did you get the black sponge microphone cover with yours?
No, however I think I like the sleek look better. Thanks again for the support :thumbup:

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 24th March 2013, 19:53 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasuraka View Post
Nice mate. I like where you put the mic, I put mine up the top of the side airback curtain and was forever stotting my head off it getting in the car. Spent more time dangling that it did fastened.

Are you an iphone user? If so you'll want to get the cable to allow appradio to function. The free navigation is actually not bad if you don't want to shell out on paid apps.
Mixtrax is really good, I liked the idea of selecting a particular mood for music.

Always will love the look of the pioneer double dins once they are installed. Stellar effort mate and the hands will heal haha
Thank you.
I'm not an iPhone user however am due an upgrade in September so think I'm going the iPhone route.
There seems to be more and more gadgets around now that are made for iPhone it just seems easier. I do have a 4 th gen iPod which I haven't hooked up yet

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 24th March 2013, 19:59
R-398

Garage
Quote:
Thank you.
I'm not an iPhone user however am due an upgrade in September so think I'm going the iPhone route.
There seems to be more and more gadgets around now that are made for iPhone it just seems easier. I do have a 4 th gen iPod which I haven't hooked up yet

Even using the ipod can give you access to dashcommand if you purchase an additional wifi obdII reader. I use a 4g ipod in the car for the music on mine, have yet to get myself the reader but it is on the cards when I stop being a skin flint and get dashcommand from the appstore
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 24th March 2013, 20:04 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Even using the ipod can give you access to dashcommand if you purchase an additional wifi obdII reader. I use a 4g ipod in the car for the music on mine, have yet to get myself the reader but it is on the cards when I stop being a skin flint and get dashcommand from the appstore
That all sounds verrry technical mate ha ha, bit above my knowledge but will deffo have a read up.
Something I would like to know is the pioneer website has a firmware upgrade available. Is it as simple as downloading the file, unzipping it onto a flash drive and plugging it into the unit?

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 24th March 2013, 20:44
R-398

Garage
Quote:
That all sounds verrry technical mate ha ha, bit above my knowledge but will deffo have a read up.
Something I would like to know is the pioneer website has a firmware upgrade available. Is it as simple as downloading the file, unzipping it onto a flash drive and plugging it into the unit?

Given how I updated my unit, if the firmware update is unzipped to the root of the SDCARD once inserted the unit itself will detect the update and commense. The 2400 seems to be a blue tooth update so you would get to that via the settings menu. You possibly might need to use the "off" function of the headunit to see all the settings. How you get the update to the headunit via bluetooth is contained in the how to part of the pioneer update section.
Thanks to yasuraka from:
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 25th March 2013, 16:24 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Been playing around properly today and am so glad I've fitted it. Can't believe how much the stock speakers come alive

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 25th March 2013, 17:51
Supporter

Car: 2010 CTR, Milano red
Now you have a bit of power, turn up the bass and volume and step outside. You will see why everyone fits dynamat, the door skin vibrates like a drum.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 25th March 2013, 21:17 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

I've already had the windows shaking
Really impressed with this unit, it does everything I want and more. I just want a 16g USB drive now and get all my music organized.

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 29th March 2013, 19:20

hi guys im new to this forum need bit of help with my avh2400bt hu. absloute pain in the ass to fit in to a transit had to cut a lot of the inside dash but it was worth it so far.my problem is i cant play any video of my usb drive but it reads the image that i saved on the usb for my wallpaper but wont read any videos any help?
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 29th March 2013, 19:38 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

I've only just fitted mine so haven't played with it properly but I think video has to be in DivX format. If yours already is then I don't know, I'm sure someone more in the know will be around to help you soon

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 29th March 2013, 19:39
R-398

Garage
More than likely its the format the video is in. Check your user manual for accepted video formats. Also if you have the handbrake cable wired properly the video wont play if the handbrake is not on.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 29th March 2013, 19:55 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
More than likely its the format the video is in. Check your user manual for accepted video formats. Also if you have the handbrake cable wired properly the video wont play if the handbrake is not on.
It displays a message warning of the dangers of watching video whilst driving. I know this because.of course I connected the cable up correctly and never ever considered earthing it so I could bypass this function...........

post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 30th March 2013, 16:03

Hello agaim thank for every one that tryed to help me okay spent the actual whole day trying to find out what i am doing wrong.contacted pioneer over a week ago no response and thier response is 48 hours bad customer service why not just say over a week than 48 any way they dont really care aslo as u buy their product after reading online alot of people were having the same problem as me and thier was no response from pioneer anyway back to the point what evr formatt the avh2400bt says it readys it dont not of a usb i download every possible video files they never worked except avi/divx but u cant just play it once u downloaded it u have to down load a software which i will up load a link to and u have to edit it the resloution and convert it if needed but after that it is a hit and miss some will still not play out of 50 video only 6 didnt play to be honest i think this is a great hu but pionner need to make thing clear too much hard work to us a usb
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 30th March 2013, 16:09

Sorry about my spelling mistake rushed it
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 13th April 2013, 18:42 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Cleaned the car today and ran the camera cables to the back of the car whilst I was at it. Just reading through bogs how to, it says its easier to cut the RCA cable to route it. I'm assuming it'll just scotch lock back together?

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 13th April 2013, 19:19
Dervinator

Car: 2007 iCDTI 2.2, Milano red
If you spray the rubber grommets (inside) with WD40 you can actually get away without chopping the jacks off.

HAve a shuffty at my Thread

Last edited by Civic_Outcast; 13th April 2013 at 19:21.
Thanks to Civic_Outcast from:
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 13th April 2013, 19:47 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civic_Outcast View Post
If you spray the rubber grommets (inside) with WD40 you can actually get away without chopping the jacks off.

HAve a shuffty at my Thread
Just had a read through, nice to know someone else had the same 'doh' moments

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page