Upgrades Concert sound - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 28th November 2007, 19:12 Thread Starter

Concert sound

Hi
Picking up my new spaceship next week. One of the things that appealed to me is that a lot of stuff is dealer fit. I was wondering if anyone has had the "concert" upgrade and is it worth the money and can you really tell the difference especially since I have had the i pod lead fitted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 28th November 2007, 20:05
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS

Car: DS3
In general the Honda hifi stuff is mince
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 28th November 2007, 20:10 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Notice you have rages. The sales person advised me against them as the ride would be too rough, how you found yours?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 28th November 2007, 20:14
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS

Car: DS3
Well my pervious car was a 07Cooper S with 18" wheels with run flats , the CTR is lots better.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 29th November 2007, 10:46
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADENGUNNER View Post
... I was wondering if anyone has had the "concert" upgrade and is it worth the money and can you really tell the difference...
Well I can't tell the difference because I never had my Civic without the Concert Pack, because it was fitted when I collected it.

I chose the Concert Pack because it was the cheapest way to get the options I wanted on the car.

Overall, I'm not massively impressed with the Civic's hi-fi system. I've heard better sound from other cars. Also I have a Dension Gateway 100 fitted instead of the standard Honda ipod link, as it's so much better.

Having said all that, the Honda isn't the quietest cockpit in the world, so trying to recreate the Albert Hall in there probably isn't the best use of your cash. From that point of view, the Concert Pack makes a cheerful noise that can be easily heard over the roar of the engine. Yes I'll probably upgrade the speakers with better, aftermarket ones, but not for a while - what came with the car is good enough for now.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 29th November 2007, 11:26

I ended up with two aftermarket upgrades: First replaced the front speakers (Polk db6501), then fitting a Rockford amp in the boot when I realised that the built-in amp couldn't produce enough current to make decent bass at all. Total cost over 800.
I kept the rear speakers connected to original amp just for comparison - difference is garish.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 29th November 2007, 16:44 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

I don't think I will be upgrading for a while. If I do it sounds(no pun intended) as though there are plenty of choices available with other kit.
I have a local store called Liquid Ice that do upgrades, DVD,sound sound systems etc, maybe I'll pay them a visit.Wish I'd have known about that "other" I pod lead though.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 29th November 2007, 20:12
King of the rodeo

Send a message via MSN to czechplastik
You can get better sounds for much less cash.

Look elswhere
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 29th November 2007, 21:32
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalhunter View Post
Well my pervious car was a 07Cooper S with 18" wheels with run flats , the CTR is lots better.
My previous car was an `06 Octavia vRS with 18" wheels. Absolutely no complaints about my Rages either...

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page