My install iPod and/or iPhone / Parrot Bluetooth all working smoothly! - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 29th November 2007, 20:18 Thread Starter
Sav

iPod and/or iPhone / Parrot Bluetooth all working smoothly!

Hi folks, i know there have been a lot of posts with people wondering what works and what doesn't when it comes to ipod and bluetooth etc...This is just to say that I had a Dension gateway 100 iPod adapter and Parrot CK 3100 fitted and it works fine. I know that the iPod adapters do NOT show the artist, track title etc...But the Dension allows both control of the iPod from the Head Unit/Steering Wheel or change to iPod control too (good if you have a co-pilot in the car!).
An adapter was needed at 30 to allow all of the above to attach to the head unit...
The Dension charges the iPod and connects direct into the CD changer port so sounds great!
I tried it with my iPhone and it all works fine too! So if anyone is wondering out there if there are compatibility problems then my answer is definitely NO!! Hope this helps a little...Cheers, Sav
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 29th November 2007, 20:59
The Talented Mr. Robbieee

Car: Ford Fiesta Zetec S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sav View Post
Hi folks, i know there have been a lot of posts with people wondering what works and what doesn't when it comes to ipod and bluetooth etc...This is just to say that I had a Dension gateway 100 iPod adapter and Parrot CK 3100 fitted and it works fine. I know that the iPod adapters do NOT show the artist, track title etc...But the Dension allows both control of the iPod from the Head Unit/Steering Wheel or change to iPod control too (good if you have a co-pilot in the car!).
An adapter was needed at 30 to allow all of the above to attach to the head unit...
The Dension charges the iPod and connects direct into the CD changer port so sounds great!
I tried it with my iPhone and it all works fine too! So if anyone is wondering out there if there are compatibility problems then my answer is definitely NO!! Hope this helps a little...Cheers, Sav
Alright mate,

You got pics of your parrot install? (i.e. where the mic and control unit is and all the wires completely hidden)

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 30th November 2007, 16:25 Thread Starter
Sav
** Thread starter **

Here's the pics...

Not the greatest pics but the install was very well done..I chose the Parrot to be installed there as it is easy to see who's calling and also choose to accept the call or not...The iPod I keep in the compartment pretty much all the time except when syncing to iTunes...The installer also hard wired the cable for my satnav to keep everything nice and neat!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0038.jpg (45.8 KB, 343 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0040.jpg (63.8 KB, 270 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0041.jpg (65.3 KB, 265 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0042.jpg (141.9 KB, 252 views)

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 30th November 2007, 18:08
Exiled Englishman

Car: 2006 1.8 Galaxy Grey
If you dont mind me asking , how much did all that cost?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 30th November 2007, 18:32 Thread Starter
Sav
** Thread starter **

Hi There, don't mind at all! The cost of it all was 360. 170 for the Parrot supplied and fitted, 150 for the Dension supplied and fitted, 30 for the CD Changer adapter and 10 to hardwire the Sat Nav...Might not seem the cheapest, but when you cost the Honda equivalents, its 350 for the bluetooth plus 225 for their ipod connection which isn't as good as the Dension...Cheers, Sav
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 30th November 2007, 20:17
The Talented Mr. Robbieee

Car: Ford Fiesta Zetec S
Re:

Hi Sav!

Cheers for the pictures, looking really good!!!

bucketp, if your a dab hand at the diy, the parrot 3100 costs 60 quid(ebay) and the ipod is 95 quid on ebay. of course you would need to cable in yourself buts its easy peasy.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 28th May 2008, 02:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sav View Post
Hi There, don't mind at all! The cost of it all was 360. 170 for the Parrot supplied and fitted, 150 for the Dension supplied and fitted, 30 for the CD Changer adapter and 10 to hardwire the Sat Nav...Might not seem the cheapest, but when you cost the Honda equivalents, its 350 for the bluetooth plus 225 for their ipod connection which isn't as good as the Dension...Cheers, Sav

Your cost is cheaper than another one. I assume that's fine.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.civinfo.com/forum/ipods-mp3-players-ice-8g/9931-ipod-iphone-parrot-bluetooth-all-working-smoothly.html
Posted By For Type Date
zexpe's car Bookmarks on Delicious This thread Refback 9th February 2011 22:04
iPOD with Honda sat nav? This thread Refback 17th August 2010 00:32
iPOD with Honda sat nav? - Type R Owners Forums This thread Refback 3rd December 2007 10:40