Head Converting LHD to RHD - Civinfo
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By omz147

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 27th December 2017, 11:39 Thread Starter

Converting LHD to RHD

Hi all,

I am hoping for some advice to convert the headlights of my American LHD 9th Gen Honda Civic to RHD for the UK. I have moved here permanently, and apparently the mask stickers will not suffice for the government inspection that I need to pass (though for some reason are perfectly acceptable for MOT) in order to get the car registered here.

I have been told that RHD headlights were not created for the 9th gen American cars because they did not make them for the Japanese market for those years -- basically I am being told by my garage/electrician/Honda that the headlights don't exist and I am SOL.

Does anyone have any advice of an aftermarket headlights that might work or a way to convert? It only has to work for a day or so to pass the test, so even if there are headlights for another car that might almost fit well enough to pull off the inspection and then I can switch back to my originals with masks?

Please forgive my ignorance, I am not a car person... I was told that I wouldn't have to register my car here, spent the money to import it, and now actually do have to register it, so now I'm hoping all the money I spent bringing it over here isn't for nothing...

Thanks friends.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 27th December 2017, 16:27

Garage
Best I can think is to get cheap non hid projectors installed and swap out the shields. I would think that would be easier than looking for an rhd set of headlights for a model that never came to rhd countries, although I think it did come to some Caribbeans in rhd. Then again I may be wrong.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 21st January 2018, 21:14

Car: 2012 Civic 1.4 SE
Garage
I agree with peniole, if you intend to keep you car and not sell it on then get a reputable shop to do a projector conversion, and they can make sure its legal and appropriate for the UK. Also send some pictures of your USDM civic, it's something new for us to see.
nturnb likes this.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 21st January 2018, 21:57
Ex-Pat Geordie!

Car: 2015 Civic S Navi I-dtec
Eco display
You must love your 9G to bring it from over the Pond.

Civinfo > 9th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2012 - 2016) > Lights (9G)

Tags
conversion , headlights , rhd

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page