2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Anyone recommend some LED H7 bulbs?

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Haltamer 
#1 ·
There are about as many different offerings for LED bulbs out there as you can get, so rather than jump in for whichever has the coolest sounding brand name, I’d appreciate any recommendations people can offer.

I’m looking to replace just the H7’s at the front, but if anyone knows any bundles for the whole car I’d like to hear them!

#2 ·
As per my HID evangelism thread, Personally I find HID's perform much better than LEDs in the Projector fittings of the Civic.

That being said, I do have LEDs in the high beams and they're working much better now they're aligned with the reflector.

The best LEDs for quality and fitment, in my experience, is these - Unfortunately, I can't find a better picture or a sale link anymore.

But you can use the form factor as a guide - Many LEDs I've tested don't fit in the civic's holders at all due to heatsink size.

#5 ·
As per my HID evangelism thread, Personally I find HID's perform much better than LEDs in the Projector fittings of the Civic.

That being said, I do have LEDs in the high beams and they're working much better now they're aligned with the reflector.

The best LEDs for quality and fitment, in my experience, is these - Unfortunately, I can't find a better picture or a sale link anymore.

But you can use the form factor as a guide - Many LEDs I've tested don't fit in the civic's holders at all due to heatsink size.[/QUO

Hello Haltamer.
Did these fit into your lights alright? I read another thread and you were saying you couldn't get the cap back on.
Are the the Nighteye/NovSight lamps?

#3 ·
Appreciate the info. HIDs are too much hassle with regards to MOT’s in my experience. LEDs are much more convenient and tend to last for ages. Concerned about the lack of ventilation for the headlight enclosure though as many LEDs seem to have/need fan-air cooling.

I’ll have a look out for those, must be on eBay or amazon.

#4 ·
I'm currently using a set of Car Rover h7's ordered on Amazon for about 27 quid they have a built in cooling fan which I've found is fine to get the standard cup thing back on but to be honest I pretty much leave them off...they are by far the best set of leds I've ordered for under 40 quid ....the pattern is closest I've found to standard halogen and I've been flashed about 3 times in total with these (6 months) compared to 3 times a night with my previous leds and these are brighter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.