LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 18th May 2019, 23:06 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Car: 2010 CTR LSD
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylde View Post
Not a fan of the wheels at all, what wheels are they? Fake Mugen, aka Mugen "UK 200". they don't suit the car at all, and I've owned a Milano. IMO the best wheels are the standard multi spoke 18's, they look soooooo good and always have, they may be heavier than the Team Dynamics or other after market etc but they just suit the car so well. The 19 inch Rage are even worse than these. If you can get a fair whack for these on Ebay or similar, and I admit I dont know the market, I'd sell them and get the Honda Type R 18's that it should have or if not at least get a decent set of another brand.

I'll be burned for this probably, because people love replicas, but for me a CTR should have its proper wheels on and no silly Mugen spoilers. Its either a Mugen 20 or its not. Its either a so called UK Mugen 200, or its not.

The car looks lovely tho, aside from my stubborn views, its Milano and shining like Jack Nicolson
People love replicas, because they suit their needs obviously. Each to their own, but if money wouldn't be a factor, then I would of course buy original Mugen or brand new TE37 wheels. Unfortunately in this material world there is always other financial commitments, therefore Rota Grid Drift, Bola B1 or Inovit ST16 always will be considered.
I agree that 18" suit this car better and look good as well, but those Honda M200 wheels came with the car and are lighter then OEM 18" wheels, so no point of changing them for OEM, lightweight aftermarket only is the overall consensus of people owned both. Team Dynamics looks cheap on this car, from multispoke my choice would be OZ Racing Ultraleggera/Enkei RPF1.
Its good to have a forum where we can share our views and help get our cars better (or worse is some cases).

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastgtir View Post
The mugen wheels look good but as they aren't the original finish they would look good in black as the shiny grey looks odd
Honestly prefer grey/anthracite to black or bronze on Milano.

Last edited by Mugen_fd2; 18th May 2019 at 23:18.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 18th May 2019, 23:14 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Wrapped the car battery the other day to hide distracting stickers and make bay look tidier. Also changed key for battery just in case - will see tomorrow if I have to go through learning procedure, as some had trouble to start the car after battery change.

post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 19th May 2019, 19:21 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Replaced OEM wipers for a new set, as they start to show ageing signs.

Cleaned AC system with aircon bomb and pollen filter replaced during which discovered red foot well lights installed, definitely they could be brighter.

Bones126 likes this.

post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 20th May 2019, 03:44

Link yo wipers please? Need a set myself
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 20th May 2019, 17:57
Supporter

Car: FN2 CTR & Si both Milano Red
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_fd2 View Post

Honestly prefer grey/anthracite to black or bronze on Milano.
Agree, gun metal looks nice but get the wheel centres painted to match or it will look daft.
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 20th May 2019, 18:01
Supporter

Garage
That red LED looks like an after market add-on.
The original Honda is behind the blue cover to the right in your pic.

If they are functional then take the cover off and drill a 1/4 inch hole - then you will have 2 red LEDS.
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 20th May 2019, 20:05 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastgtir View Post
Link yo wipers please? Need a set myself
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 20th May 2019, 20:14 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilmo View Post
Agree, gun metal looks nice but get the wheel centres painted to match or it will look daft.
That's true, will have to find the time to do it.

Quote:
That red LED looks like an after market add-on.
The original Honda is behind the blue cover to the right in your pic.

If they are functional then take the cover off and drill a 1/4 inch hole - then you will have 2 red LEDS.
I will do investigation on this. Also wanted to fit LED indicator bulbs, but it looks like only way to do it without hyperflashing, is to install resistors. Which I don't like - don't to cut original wiring.
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 21st May 2019, 17:55
Supporter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_fd2 View Post

Also wanted to fit LED indicator bulbs, but it looks like only way to do it without hyperflashing, is to install resistors. Which I don't like - don't to cut original wiring.
Had same problem so I just went back to original amber on the back, couldn't be bothered to even consider changing the front.
Here are some good LED rear/brake bulbs if you haven't changed them already https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153002090291
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 21st May 2019, 20:09 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Quote:
Had same problem so I just went back to original amber on the back, couldn't be bothered to even consider changing the front.
Here are some good LED rear/brake bulbs if you haven't changed them already https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153002090291
I will have to remove front bumper soon, so might do it, but I need more information. Strangely, couldn't find any information about repeaters converted to led.
post #31 of 32 (permalink) Old 23rd May 2019, 17:32 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Cleaned air filter to be ready for intake, it wasn't too bad thought.

Got a new horns instead of OEM which doesn't sound good. I had this set before and they are much nicer to ears.

Also managed to get OEM shifter modified to TEGIWA spec for a 3rd of a cost, which is always nice. Hybrid Racing bushes for better feel as well.

Neil11, rindo and Bones126 like this.
post #32 of 32 (permalink) Old 16th June 2019, 16:08 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Had a bit of time and replaced coolant and brake fluid. Big thanks to my mrs for pumping the pedal for me. Wanted to flush clutch fluid as well, but need a strategy how to tackle this task first - nipple located just in the middle of everything and clearance not great.

Old vs fresh fluid. Wasn't too bad tbh.

Installed short shifter, HR bushings and Skunk2 gear knob. As mileage on my car is not high, the difference wasn't night and day, but gears has now somewhat "fixed position" feel, together with shorter throw it improves overall experience. Hope is not going to put too much strain on gear cables. Gear knob has similar shape to the one in EP3, so its not something I need to get use to. Aligned with 3 washers and ptfe tape to make it straight. Feels good.

Last edited by Mugen_fd2; 16th June 2019 at 16:11.

Civinfo > All Civics > Modification Projects

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page