Megane Coupé 1.6i - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 2nd March 2014, 15:22 Thread Starter
Keep On Vtec'ing!

Car: 2009 Renault Megane Coupé
Eco display
Megane Coupé 1.6i

Seeing as we have a Non-Honda section now thought I'd start a thread as well

Basically my CTR was costing me too much money in petrol (£70 was getting me 200 miles) due to me using it for commuting too and from work in London. So unfortunately in August last year, after a year of ownership, I had to Part Ex the CTR in for something more economical which happened to be a Megane Coupé although unfortunately not the RS like Wanners lol

Now I know everyone here is rocking high powered replacements when they have part ex'd their CTR lol but mine is a 1.6 VVT engine in a car that weighs about the same as the Civic. Acceleration is slow to say the least 0-60 is about 10.5 secs and a top speed of about 120mph (Although god knows how long it would take to get there ha ha!)

As an average at the moment im getting about 380 miles to a tank of fuel and MPG is a real 30-ish mpg around town and long haul trips have shown around 40mpg. Current average since ownership on Spritmonitor.de is showing 29.7mpg.

I'd love a higher performance car but commuting to work by car is dictating that i drive something economical booooo! ha ha!

Below is some pics of my car after I had picked it up. Looking to get a couple of things order this month now I have been payed such as New Number plates as im off to France in June and also some Wind Deflectors which I have been pro-crastinating about forever. Also thinking about getting the lower part of the rear bumper colour coded as well as I think it would make the rear of the car look complete

Pics of me car:

Last edited by snoopy; 2nd March 2014 at 15:28.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 2nd March 2014, 15:38
Administrator

Car: Jaguar F Type V6S
Thanked 4,051 Times in 3,478 Posts
Nice one mate, love the colour too. 30 mpg in yours, i'm getting 28 out of mine
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 2nd March 2014, 15:42 Thread Starter
Keep On Vtec'ing!
** Thread starter **

Car: 2009 Renault Megane Coupé
Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanner69 View Post
Nice one mate, love the colour too. 30 mpg in yours, i'm getting 28 out of mine
Blimey thats good going mate!

Would have loved the turbo as well but theres just no way I could afford the car in the first place lol
Thanks to snoopy from:

Civinfo > Off topic > Non Hondas > Non Honda gallery

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page