FRV electric window switch loose - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 14th August 2013, 12:28 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2014 1.8S VTEC Black Edition
FRV electric window switch loose

My partner's FRV has suddenly developed an issue with the driver's window switch, where it is very loose within its socket; when you press it down or up it stays in that position and you have to re-position it so it is flush with the other three switches. The window operates ok, but the switch feels like it will come off at any point, if it does I have no doubt that Sod's law means the window will be in the down position at the time ...

Other than replacing the whole unit which is a ridiculous price for one loose switch, does anyone have any ideas? Can one switch be replaced ?

Thank you
David
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 20th August 2013, 15:07

Car: FRV EX 2.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffolkdave View Post
My partner's FRV has suddenly developed an issue with the driver's window switch, where it is very loose within its socket; when you press it down or up it stays in that position and you have to re-position it so it is flush with the other three switches. The window operates ok, but the switch feels like it will come off at any point, if it does I have no doubt that Sod's law means the window will be in the down position at the time ...

Other than replacing the whole unit which is a ridiculous price for one loose switch, does anyone have any ideas? Can one switch be replaced ?

Thank you
David
I have an FRV but I can't answer your question. I'd try asking on here though: Honda HR-V & FR-V

They have a more active FRV membership.

Good luck.
Thanks to Merk1981 from:
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 20th August 2013, 16:49 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Many thanks, I'll do that.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 21st April 2014, 19:29

Car: 2009 Honda Type-R GT, Black
Hi Dave

I don't know if you got this resolved I've also got an FR-V with the same problem. I took the dash apart to get the window switches out, and then opened the switch bank up. On closer inspection I saw that there was 2 pieces of plastic which holds the switch into position which had snapped. I super glued mine back but its still loose but not as bad as before. This is because the position where the plastic had broke was right on the edge that holds the switch into position.

I'm thinking about getting a new switch bank as I don't think you can buy the plastic part on its own. Its a shame really as its just the plastic that is broke as the electronics are all good.

Hope this helps

Thanks

AKKP
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 21st April 2014, 22:18 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Hi there

In the end we went 50/50 with Honda UK Head Office on a new switch bank, I think the total cost was around 150 each! This was a goodwill gesture as we had a full Honda service history.

It's a very poor design for something that'll get regular use isn't it? I did try ebay for a replacement switch, but at the time could only find Civic and Accord ones, but hopefully you may find someone breaking an FRV. Being a relatively rare car it's not easy to get parts other than through Honda.

Thanks for your post, and good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 22nd April 2014, 18:54

Car: 2009 Honda Type-R GT, Black
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply.

Nice deal you got there, I agree its definitely a poor design I just hope they haven't used the same the in the newer Honda's. I too have been looking on ebay my search will continue.

Thanks

AKKP
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 22nd April 2014, 19:37 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

There's a few FRVs listed in ebay if you search for 'breaking FRV'; hopefully one may have the switch bank available. The fact you were able to take the dash apart sounds like you know what you're doing (unlike myself!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Civinfo > Other Hondas > Other Honda cars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page