Honda S2000 also handbrake failure - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 25th December 2007, 22:52 Thread Starter
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Type S Bournemouth Send a message via MSN to Type S Bournemouth
Honda S2000 also handbrake failure

A friend of my gf's dad has a Honda S2000. He was parked in a road on a slight hill with handbrake fully on and in gear, whilst he nipped into a shop. After a few mins someone came running into the shop shouting anyone owns a S2000 as its now down the bottom of the hill crashed into a car.

He called the police and did not enter his car whilst also getting witnesses that the handbrake was fully on and in gear.

So its not just the Civic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 26th December 2007, 07:44
Strong in me The Force is

Car: 2.2 NHB & 1.8 DBP TypeS
To make a car roll down a hill with the handbrake on AND in (first) gear, that hill must be VERY, very steep. Or the car has a VERY very worn clutch.
It probably jumped out of gear. BTW, how you can witness that a car was in gear also seems a bit weird to me. I wouldn't know if I lookked at the gear lever of any car, in what gear it was. Or if the handbrake was fully pulled.

K.

Civinfo > Other Hondas > Other Honda cars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page