Prelude (sorry) Rear Callipers - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 3rd June 2009, 07:23 Thread Starter

Car: 58 Type R GT
Prelude (sorry) Rear Callipers

Apologies for posting about a non civic but as we are all Honda lovers I thought someone might be able to help plus Iím not getting any help from the Prelude Forum

I have a 97 5th Gen 2.2 VTi sitting at home off the road (now that I have my shinny new CTR) but would like to get it back on the road.

There was a problem with the rear brake calliper sticking so I decided to have a go myself with a seal kit refurbishing it. I dismantled it and got it off the car ok but now having problems putting it back together, I have the Honda services manual but that isnít much help.

I would like to know if anyone has a guide for refurbishing callipers, I can imagine that most Hondaís have similar break set ups and if anyone has an idea how to do it on Preludes or any other Honda I would really appreciate it.

Got £1500 - £2000 sitting at home in the car that I could spend on my new Type R!!!

Thanks

Tom

Civinfo > Other Hondas > Other Honda cars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page