Swapped my Civic 2.2 2006 for a 2008 Silverstone Grey (the best color imo) S2000 2 days ago, It suddenly occurred to me that I have no need for 5 seats/doors and so much boot space.... WOW what a car!! what a sound!
If they had had one of these at a DriversDream day I did last year I would've changed much sooner! (did 3 laps each in F360, Sub WRX, 911 Turbo, Elise, Caterham, Gallardo and TVR) so I have some kind of metric feeling, at least on an emotional level... I was lusting after the Elise, because it was the most fun on the track alongside the Caterham and Gallardo (all for different reasons) but I chickened out of buying one at the last minute, too raw for an everyday car, and GF would never allow the lack of safety equipment like airbags and VSA type stuff. Then I literally remembered about the existence of the s2000, did some internet research, surprised for what you get for the money, next thing I know I own one
Things I love about the S2K:
- The Power
- The Feel
- The Music
- The Understated Styling (for what it is)
- The Extra hair flick girls do as they walk by
... we live in a material world.
What I miss about the Civ2.2
- The Torque... Much easier to hill start and mount kerbs at <1 mph etc. But then I have only owned diesels in the past. (I need help advice with this transition)
- The economy
- The relative eco friendliness but I have discovered carbon offsetting is good for curing the guilty feeling.
- The Road Tax and insurrance costs (Paid Adrian Flux £1000 up front (same as the civ with Direct Line (must be coz I live in Glasgow), and have a £3000 exceess! I think of that as extra motivation to not crash