Europe Easter Nurburgring Meet - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 21st January 2010, 12:17 Thread Starter
Shake & Bake!

Car: 02 Lexus IS200 & 73 IMP
Send a message via MSN to CTR_Timmy
Easter Nurburgring Meet

A friend of mine is organising a Easter Nurburgring trip leaving 2nd April 2010.

Below is a copy of his notes:

If your interested please put your name down below and vehicle your taking!

Right chaps, I'll keep this brief, as it's only an idea discussed by a few of us so far this evening.

Since getting back from the Ring in september, I've wanted to go again as soon as possible. following Georges post this week, it would appear we're all liking the idea of a trip at Easter time.

So, the potential plan:

Leave england on good friday, heading for the ring.

Staying at Camping AM Nurburg

Spend all weekend at the ring

Come home monday night.

Ferrys should cost around 50 per car, and the trip can be done on 100-150 fuel depending on how thirsty the car is.... Lap's cost 22E each, or an 8 lap ticket is 140E. I think 8 laps would be enough for most people in a weekend.

So far, it's looking like it'l be Me, Frenchman, Custard (echodave) George (Spunky) SteveS and few other potentials.....

The reason we're looking at the easter weekend is to try and keep the costs as low as possible, bank holidays either side of the weekend mean people don't have to book any time off work at all, and t2 full days/3 full nights is more than enough to get your fix!

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

So Timmy, to sum up:

cost wise, you're looking at 50 for the ferry, then about 60 each way in fuel, so that's 170, 12E per night camping makes the total 200 on travel and accomodation. bring Rob along with you (he wants to go as a passenger with someone) and that's 100 each. then all you need to pay for is however many laps you fancy and beer!

We're looking to get a Ferry from Dover around 11am on good friday morning, to dunkerque around 1pm, then arrive at nurburg early evening. pitch tents and get pissed.

Do a bit of sight seeing and go shopping on saturday morning, go into Adenau to see all the ring shops and ****, and head up to some of the viewing points to get lunch/watch some track action. Go to the new ring complex museum and stuff in the afternoon, it's absolutely awesome in there, so much wicked stuff. Then go get a few laps in saturday evening when the track is quiet. Saturday night BBQ or something at teh campsite and plenty more beer.

Sunday: LAPPING! Lots of laps on sunday, I'll probably get an 8 lap ticket for sunday, do a few passenger laps with mates and stuff so you get more time on the track, generally have a laugh

Sunday night: PistenKlause, Sabine Schmits parents place, they do simply the greatest steak on earth. often see Sabine there too! then get drunk again :P

Monday morning, pack up tents and head back to france, Should be able to get on a 2pm Ferry easily, england at 4pm and home by 6ish

SERIOUSLY consider this one chaps, it's not a pipe dream. I'm 100% going. i'm going to look into ferry times this week with a view to booking it all up next payday.

I can honestly say when i went in september, it was the single most satisfying thing I've EVER done.

.................................................. .................................................. ....

1. CTR_Timmy - 2008 FN2 Type R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 21st January 2010, 12:39
Supporter

Car: 2006 2.2 EX
Sounds very interesting I will talk this over with my girlfriend!
As you said easter is excelllent timing!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 21st January 2010, 12:39 Thread Starter
Shake & Bake!
** Thread starter **

Well it means you dont have to take time off work and its cheap! If you take a passenger and split the costs it works out about 150 each

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 21st January 2010, 13:50
Supporter

no promises but i will look into it !

EDIT *** Just priced up track day insurance for the sunday only 220 with a 2.2k insured excess! So thats doubled the cost.

Last edited by dahools; 21st January 2010 at 23:59.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 21st February 2010, 14:44
Supporter

Are you still going?

I'm definitely gonna go if you are?

Just booked the fri, sat, sun in the zur burg hotel next to the track. Camping not for me i like my luxuries too much but would like to travel down at the same time and enjoy the weekend together.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 22nd February 2010, 07:50 Thread Starter
Shake & Bake!
** Thread starter **

Unfortuantly I wont be going now as I ave other commitments in the month.

Civinfo > Welcome > Meetings > Past Events

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page