LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 23rd January 2010, 17:29 Thread Starter

JapFest 2010

Any news on japfest 2010?

Are we doing a stand again?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 24th January 2010, 14:32

I'm trying to get something together again like last year click here if you are interested.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 24th January 2010, 21:19 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

im up for it agian!

let me know info

thanks

Type-s-nick

Red Type S GT mint condition....

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 24th January 2010, 22:00

no worries added you to the list
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 29th January 2010, 11:02

Car: 2010 CTR/Crystal Black Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salem View Post
I'm trying to get something together again like last year click here if you are interested.
That's nice, Salem, i hope you dont get me wrong but can i just give you a piece of advice, i saw your post "my car" and your pocket rocket performance car is lovely aswell as your "registration plate", i think if you're going to post photo/s of your lovely vehicle, be cautious not to display your registration number as well, please correct me if I'm wrong. Before, when i post photo/s of my car i dont care about the registration number being published but after my car was cloned, i became more cautious about it.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 29th January 2010, 20:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie23 View Post
That's nice, Salem, i hope you dont get me wrong but can i just give you a piece of advice, i saw your post "my car" and your pocket rocket performance car is lovely aswell as your "registration plate", i think if you're going to post photo/s of your lovely vehicle, be cautious not to display your registration number as well, please correct me if I'm wrong. Before, when i post photo/s of my car i dont care about the registration number being published but after my car was cloned, i became more cautious about it.
Thanks for the advice and taking the time and trouble to type the above out...

however if someone wanted to take the time and trouble to clone my car they could do it very easily without the need to go looking for photos. My registration plate is on full view on the car front and back all day. Its just just a lightly to have the number plate stolen to be honest.. If it happens it happens and it could happy just because someone has walked past my car parked in a public carpark anywhere, so I see little point in covering a number plate up when it has to be on full display front and rear when on a public highway
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 30th January 2010, 12:37

Quote:
Thanks for the advice and taking the time and trouble to type the above out...

however if someone wanted to take the time and trouble to clone my car they could do it very easily without the need to go looking for photos. My registration plate is on full view on the car front and back all day. Its just just a lightly to have the number plate stolen to be honest.. If it happens it happens and it could happy just because someone has walked past my car parked in a public carpark anywhere, so I see little point in covering a number plate up when it has to be on full display front and rear when on a public highway
I don't think you get my point there, never mind.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 30th January 2010, 12:49

Quote:
I don't think you get my point there, never mind.
Thats right I dont see the point in blanking out a number plate that has to be on full view on a public highway seems a little pointless if someone is going to clone my car they dont need to see a photo of it..

But thanks for your advise Charlie I'll make sure I have the show plates on at Japfest anyway just in case.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 30th January 2010, 12:59

Quote:
Thats right I dont see the point in blanking out a number plate that has to be on full view on a public highway seems a little pointless if someone is going to clone my car they dont need to see a photo of it..

But thanks for your advise Charlie I'll make sure I have the show plates on at Japfest anyway just in case.
who mentioned making it "blank on public highway or whilst driving"? what i said is when posting a photo/s, oh well, maybe you just don't know how to do it on your computer, my main point is just to give pointers to avoid hassle for being a victim of cloning.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 30th January 2010, 14:53

Quote:
who mentioned making it "blank on public highway or whilst driving"?
I didnt mention that ... you are clearly missing my point which is what is the point in hidding a reg plate on a photo when anyone can see my reg plate on a road parked up etc etc if the car is going to be clone it will be cloned and can be easily cloned from someone seeing my car on a public highway...

Now do you get it?

Quote:
oh well, maybe you just don't know how to do it on your computer, my main point is just to give pointers to avoid hassle for being a victim of cloning.
Ooooh a little dig lol I can blank out reg numbers on photo shop thank you but I choose not to again as above I dont see the point..

Wow look...

Thank you for pointing out my car might be cloned I am very sorry you have been a victim of crime... I'm guessing you have evidence to suggest your car was cloned because of a photo you posted up?

Sadly it happens your car can be cloned from a number of reasons stolen number plates, seen out on the street, from photos, or from paperwork not been distroyed correctly, either way if it happens you just have to deal with it.

Like I said if someone is going to do it they will regardless of a photo I post up.. its for me to worry about not you.. thank you anyway.

No can we talk about Japfes please.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 31st January 2010, 12:36

Thanks for the advice Charlie (but it might have been nice to have taken it to PM).

Quote:
Now can we talk about Japfest please.
That would be nice...

Civinfo > Welcome > Meetings > Past Events

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page