Crap fuel economy - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 27th March 2010, 13:46 Thread Starter

Crap fuel economy

hi guys... here goes my story......

Got a Civic 2000 (Exi - D15Z4 Engine) Conventional A/T & it had done around 70k miles on it.... as soon as i got the car, i changed the timing belt, a bad engine mount, shocks, bushes, boots....etc....

i noticed that from the first day the fuel econ was very bad... 18-19 miles per gallon in city running... the route i take had no traffic @ all.... & highway or out station (we call it) fuel econ is abt 24-25 miles per gallon....

This is a A/T but it can't be that bad right... so i got the throttle body cleaned, injectors cleaned, fuel system cleaned, timing properly adjusted, distributor properly adjusted, spark plugs changed (not that the old ones were bad)....distributor cap is ok, wires r fine, no misses @ all, idle is stable & most of the time i see water droplets coming out of the exhaust... (so that's very good )....

i do not drive fast either....

finally got the agents to plug in the scanner & check... they said the injector pulse (open time) is too long even @ idle speed...

this ECU cannot be re-programmed

Also the agent & everyone i checked said that since this is a model imported BRAND NEW into the country by the agent, it does not have an O2 Sensor...

What can i do ??? pls help

Civinfo > Other Hondas > Previous Civics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page