Newbie Need help modding and detailing - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 23rd April 2018, 20:46 Thread Starter

Newbie Need help modding and detailing

Hi guys I'm new here, first of all let me start by saying I love cars better yet I love Hondas, im a big fwd fan and everyone I know that's in to cars has told me to ask other drivers of my type of car the questions I have

I drive a 1.6 Honda civic mk7 ep2, most the 'mods' I've done I have on the back of no experience and if I've done anything wrong let me know,

I changed the oil from 10w40 to 5w40 fully synthetic to make it run better at higher temps, does this a) increase horsepower as I read articles it could, b) if its wrong what shall I change it to as the cars mileage is on 130k,

Ive added 17 inch alloys and 205mm/45/17 (that's all the tyre shop had with good tread and for 20 pounds) and the rears to 225/45/17, both are low profiles the front look skinny as **** and rank might change them too, the cars nor scraping anywhere but I want to install spacers need help with what mm I should use,

If I install lowered coils as I can't afford coilovers atm, do I need to change the suspension arms,

My breaks are standard and had problems with the disks and they're the next thing I need to do, what recommendations do you have, I was thinking grooved breaks and sport pads,

My car suffers from a lack of bhp standard at 110, I cant do engine swaps or turbos atm, due to insurance reasons, or even just buy a type r, I like the underdog status of 1.6 engines and want to keep it at that, I've heard that changing the intake manifold and throttle body diameter might help and changing the exhausts to a 4 1 manifold and power flow, but realistically what bhp could I get ill settle for 160, or know of any ecus I can get as no one wants to remap

In the direction of a turbo could I not use a 1.7 ep2 turbo? Use the intercooler too

Really I need to increase its power I know intakes don't do much if anything so I wouldn't buy one for that

I've put a type r spoiler on as its an se model it just looks awful, changed the rear bumper to a type r and seats, all together cost me less than a 100, need a new front bumper as mine is damaged,

Help me with mods, I do plan to keep this car for a long time, I love it even though its not a type r, it's my little Honda and even mods that are expensive im interested,

Anyone know of a garage or people I can go to near Manchester too

Thanks a lot I might sound like a ricer but that's far from what I want the exterior mods are just because my car looked rank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 23rd April 2018, 21:11
Enjoying life

Car: '06 Cosmic Grey EP3 prem CTR
Welcome along. You may fair better from joining the EP forums, EPhatch etc to get the advice you are looking for. Best thing is to read up on as much as you can. With regards to gains they will be minimal on a normally aspirated car, you won't see anywhere near 160bhp from a different throttle body and manifolds. If you are keen to mod then you'd probably be better off with visual mods, brakes and suspension. You'll need to have mod friendly insurers too! @georgej on here has an EP2

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/previou...ep2-civic.html
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 24th April 2018, 20:34 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Welcome along. You may fair better from joining the EP forums, EPhatch etc to get the advice you are looking for. Best thing is to read up on as much as you can. With regards to gains they will be minimal on a normally aspirated car, you won't see anywhere near 160bhp from a different throttle body and manifolds. If you are keen to mod then you'd probably be better off with visual mods, brakes and suspension. You'll need to have mod friendly insurers too! @georgej on here has an EP2

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/previou...ep2-civic.html
Hi thanks for the help, I'll get on that, I'm happy with 160bhp, I've already changed tires and lowering it soon, I know it's not all about the bhp and I can handle the amount now pretty well but a tad bit more is needed

Civinfo > Other Hondas > Previous Civics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page