Civic CTDI 1.7 Lights Alarm - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 22nd November 2010, 10:41 Thread Starter

Civic CTDI 1.7 Lights Alarm

Hey all.

Now on to my second Civic CTDI 1.7.

Strangely, my last Civic was also the CTDI 1.7 'S' model - but my new one (2004 as opposed to 2002), has air conditioning, electric windows, cd player, electric mirrors, alloys and front grill lights, which my old Civic didn't have. Not sure why if they are the same model.

Anyway. A couple of issues which I am hoping someone knows the answer to...

Front fog (grill) lights do not work. Next to the electric mirrors control panel inside the car, there is a button for putting the front fog lights on (I guess?). No combination of flicking the lights switch (ie. opposite stick to the indicator) turns them on. The screws on the inside (adjacent to each other, facing width-to-width of the front grill if you know what I mean) are badly corroded and impossible to get off. Any tips on that one?

I have noticed there aren't any alarm sounds or lights flashing when I leave my lights on, take the key out and open the door. Any ideas why? Can't remember if the last Civic had this cos it sat in the drive for 5 months (yet another god damn turbo problem). Any ideas on that one folks?

Will hopefully get some pics up this week if we get any decent weather. Much nicer looking Civic...just need to remove the Civic & CTDI badge and it may even pass as a cool looking car

Cheers

Last edited by GrantG; 22nd November 2010 at 10:48.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 22nd November 2010, 18:15

Car: Civic Sport Plus
My 2003 civic beeps if I leave lights on, open the driver's door and take the key out. I don't know for sure about the fog lights as they are not fitted on my car but my guess is it is the same as on current civic - next to where you control the normal lights. As for the little switch next to the electric mirror's control panel - it turns on heating for the mirrors.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 5th January 2011, 18:53 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcivic View Post
My 2003 civic beeps if I leave lights on, open the driver's door and take the key out.
Looks like another problem to diagnose Haven't been on here in a couple of months as I had a house fire...and haven't found my Civic book/docs since, so can't check the Civic fuse setup - not sure if my car not beeping when I leave lights on/leave keys in and open the door, is caused by a faulty fuse, door alarm or the - whatever its called - part which identifies that the door has been opened. Not even sure where to look for it... Anyone got any idea?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 6th January 2011, 17:35

Car: Civic Sport Plus
I don't know by heart if it should beep if you leave the keys in. I will let you know tomorrow.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 14th January 2011, 22:32 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Solved this problem.

The door sensor switch was knackered on the drivers side.

I replaced it with the sensor on the passenger side and now I get the alarm and door-open dome light coming on when I open the drivers door.

I don't get an alarm when I leave the keys in so either assume the sensor in the ignition barrel isn't working or there isn't even an alarm for this.

In case anyone else has this problem, the door sensor is removed with a phillips screwdriver (one screw, you have to flip up the rubber tag to see the screw) and is found on the car body, adjacent to where the door handles are.

Civinfo > Other Hondas > Previous Civics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page