Issue with reverse - hard to shift out of it! - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 18th May 2013, 18:00 Thread Starter

Issue with reverse - hard to shift out of it!

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here but I have it on good authority that many of you are quite knowledgable about civics (it is a civic forum after all).

I have a 2005 model year civic 1.6 sport (ep2 i believe) with 46,000 miles on it, which has become difficult to shift out of reverse (i am aware that sometimes getting into reverse can be difficult, and understand that it is because of a lack of a synchro on verse in the gearbox). I have recenty had the clutch fluid replaced as part of routine servicing (engine oil, plugs and all filters were also attended to), and shifting throu gears 1-5 presents no problems.

Has anyone encountered such a problem before? The gear lever can need quite a forcefull push, or even punch, to pop it out of reverse - this strikes me as unusual...

Thanks in advance for any technical insight that can be offered

Civinfo > Other Hondas > Previous Civics

Tags
2005 , civic , gearbox , reverse , stuck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page