civic 2003 factory alarm problem after battery recharge - Civinfo
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By hmgkt

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 28th May 2013, 22:47 Thread Starter

civic 2003 factory alarm problem after battery recharge

I have a 2003 Honda Civic. I had it parked for some time and the battery went flat. Having recharged the battery I replaced it into the car and hooked things up.

keyless entry no longer working and upon opening with the key the alarm goes off. only way to stop alarm is to reprogram the fobs i.e position 1 then 2 and then lock x4.

however whilst this allows me to drive the car as soon as I lock and unlock the car manually the alarm goes off again. This leaves me either with a car that is not secure or a car that blare its siren each time i open it manually.

Tried reprogramming fobs, attached and reattaching battery and also cranking ignition with alarm... no luck. the fobs aren't remembered by the car either. want to look for a solution prior to taking it to a dealership.

Have read previous threads without any luck. any honda techs willing to give their expertise?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 8th June 2013, 07:58 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Smile

Fixed.
Turns out the keyless entry unit was faulty. Got a replacement from eBay for 25 (RRP 250), brand new battery for the siren 7 (RRP 500 for a new siren), new car battery 45. Stealership wanted 550+vat to change siren and 'go from there'. Used FLY 100 diag system no error codes.
James.H1515 likes this.
Thanks to hmgkt from:
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 30th July 2014, 17:41

Hi everyone! I am here for the first time and my experience and knowledge are not so vast...
The situation is very similar to the previous post: the original factory alarm (car was purchased from a dealer, so I hope so...) + central locking from the original fobs (x2). Recently the battery was replaced , and after it the siren has operated and whatever I did including removal the battery ground cable - did not help. I've cut off the siren cable and disconnected the connector from the alarm box under the steering wheel.
Actually, I don't need an alarm, but ability to open all the doors using the central locking with remote control fobs is really essential.
I tried to teach the fobs as described in the Service Manual, but unfortunately with no success... On the 4th time I can hear a click, so, as far as I understand, the key fob is learned, but after pulling out the key from ignition, nothing happens ...
Is it possible to do anything? If not, what are my options? Is it possible to put a different mechanism of central locking without disassembling the car too much?
Thanks in advance for any answer!
Sincerely, Victor

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 19th February 2018, 09:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmgkt View Post
Fixed.
Turns out the keyless entry unit was faulty. Got a replacement from eBay for 25 (RRP 250), brand new battery for the siren 7 (RRP 500 for a new siren), new car battery 45. Stealership wanted 550+vat to change siren and 'go from there'. Used FLY 100 diag system no error codes.
Where's the battery for the siren and where is the siren located and is it easy to change?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Civinfo > Other Hondas > Previous Civics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in