Administrator

Car: Jag XF 3.0
Thanked 2,774 Times in 824 Posts
Eco display
Send a message via Skype™ to Pottsy
Where's my registration email?

Q. Where's my registration email?

A. In your Junk email folder.

The registration email only takes a second or two to be sent, so if you haven't got it (even after doing a Send/Recieve) look in your Junk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 13th November 2006, 06:40 Thread Starter
Administrator
** Thread starter **

Eco display
I continue to get loads of emails from people asking where their registration email is, and these people tend to have AOL, Hotmail or Yahoo email addresses.

So, have a look in your junk email folder for the email. If you can't find it:
  • Add [email protected] to your contacts.
  • Wait a few seconds, then check your email, including in the junk folder.
If that doesn't work, then you have real problems with your email, and your provider is filtering out valid emails to your account.

Contact me from here, and I will send you an email asking you to send a return to that email, and I will then activate your account manually.

Or best of all, get an email account where the provider doesn't just delete half of your emails. Gmail seems to work well, or if your ISP has given you an email account - please try using that. I am on the point of banning all Hotmail, Yahoo and AOL from new registrations, because those emails systems just do not work!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 15th June 2007, 09:50 Thread Starter
Administrator
** Thread starter **

Eco display
AOL.

AOL, AOL, AOL, AOL.

I am staying calm.

If you have AOL, firstly please accept my commiserations. After a good decade since I first read what the popular nickname for AOL was, they still are not any better. Sadly, for users of AOL, you will probably not know that there is a problem. In fact there are many problems, but the one that gets me is email.

If you have an AOL account, please be aware that AOL just deletes many emails that are addressed to you, without letting you know. So if you use an AOL email account here, you will not receive registration or notification emails, because AOL deletes emails from forums. Brilliant!

If you need an automated email from here (like the lost password email or something similar), then AOL will also relieve you from the burden of actually receiving that email, and will kindly delete it for you. So you will not be able to use any of these forum features.

If you do lose your password, you're probably best contacting me first, using the contact us form.

The solution to the AOL problem is of course to move away from AOL, or if you don't want to do that, at least get a third party email account that actually works. Like gmail.

Finally, here's a cartoon to keep you amused while you wait for the email that will never arrive:

aol.gif

Civinfo > Welcome > Site suggestions, feedback and rules

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page