feedback when buying and selling. - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 29th April 2015, 15:21 Thread Starter
more torque than the mrs

Car: 2008 2.2 type s gt blusilver
Thanked 1,798 Times in 1,568 Posts
Garage
feedback when buying and selling.

probably petty to some and i apologise in advance,on two occasions a buyer and a seller couldn't be bothered to leave feedback why who knows but it really annoys me, i think feedback should be mentioned in the trading rules and state feedback must be left for one another failure to do so will forfeit your selling and buying privileges. ..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 29th April 2015, 19:09
Supporter

Car: 2014 Aygo
Quote:
Originally Posted by deni.babe View Post
probably petty to some and i apologise in advance,on two occasions a buyer and a seller couldn't be bothered to leave feedback why who knows but it really annoys me, i think feedback should be mentioned in the trading rules and state feedback must be left for one another failure to do so will forfeit your selling and buying privileges. ..
Agree, although some cant even acknowledge the item arrived so will probably never leave feedback , same on ebay
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 29th April 2015, 19:58
Administrator

Car: 2016 Ford Kuga Titanium
Thanked 1,059 Times in 761 Posts
I agree, it is nice to give feedback when you have received good service etc. But, to mandate it isn't really the answer. It's by all of us encouraging people to leave feedback(both negative and positive) for sellers that would be more beneficial and effective.

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 30th April 2015, 04:56
Administrator

Car: MY13 1.8 EX Auto
Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
The feedback request is in big bold red text on each fs page but is often ignored.

In an ideal situation each buyer would click the report button when an item has arrived and feedback left but that often doesn't happen. Leaves everyone high and dry as to whether the item has arrived.

I try and scan every fs&w thread daily but often miss the closure requests that are uniquely in the thread. I\we never miss the reported ones.

I do archive all fs&w threads that have had no activity for 3 months so they don't linger for ever.
Thank You to Kremmen from 2 Users:
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 30th April 2015, 08:25 Thread Starter
more torque than the mrs
** Thread starter **

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMan View Post
It's by all of us encouraging people to leave feedback(both negative and positive)
I sent pm's to the one's that couldn't be bothered to leave feedback just to say I have left your feedback I would appreciate you do the same made no difference...
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 30th April 2015, 16:51
Administrator

Eco display Eco display
Should we have a thread in the feedback section including the names of the buyer and seller, or something like that?

Kinda like an attendance remainder for the users to remember to chime in and do their respective thing?

That way the community will know how unresponsive and active the buyers and sellers are.

~ LL, community support
Thanks to Civ_Admin from:
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 30th April 2015, 17:30
Living the dream!

Thanked 1,199 Times in 1,018 Posts
To be honest I don't see the point, on eBay I post all orders the next working day at the latest without fail while my adverts state a 24hour dispatch time so all orders are fulfilled well in this limit. Problem is you then get D"K Heads leave you 3 star or less DSR for dispatch time (Very unfair as all items are always dispatched the next working day at the latest) but this really brings my rating down and at Christmas I nearly lost my 15% discount on my fees because of this plus the fact a couple of buyers opened a case to say they had not received the item that also gives me an automatic strike which can not be removed even when one of the items arrived 3 hours later.

I now prefer people not to bother as this could cost me a lot more with the D"K Heads marking me down than I have to gain
Thanks to RickHondaR from:
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 3rd May 2015, 11:35
Supporter

Car: 2014 Aygo
Quote:
I sent pm's to the one's that couldn't be bothered to leave feedback just to say I have left your feedback I would appreciate you do the same made no difference...
Me too, kind of disheartening that a fellow member can't even be bothered to acknowledge safe arrival (and in my case they were still actively posting on other threads)
Thanks to civicnewbie from:
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 4th May 2015, 16:55
Administrator

Eco display Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civ_Admin View Post
Should we have a thread in the feedback section including the names of the buyer and seller, or something like that?

Kinda like an attendance remainder for the users to remember to chime in and do their respective thing?

That way the community will know how unresponsive and active the buyers and sellers are.

~ LL, community support

Any other thoughts about this suggestion or anymore of your own you would like to share?

Thanks,

-Marie
community support
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 4th May 2015, 17:55
Stage 3 Hybrid

Car: 56 Alabaster FN3
Thanked 2,328 Times in 1,784 Posts
Quote:

Petty ?

Possibly, but it annoys me, too.

It's called, "Good manners". Seems to be distinctly lacking these days, particularly among the younger generation. Might be summat to do with not being arsed to use proper grammar, and shortening everything.

Sandscript took centuries to decipher because they didn't use any form of punctuation. Guess everything goes full circle eventually.

My answer is to throw anyone who does not respond into my ignore list. Even people who don't respond to a helpful post. Irony is, my ignore list is now bigger than my friends list !

Not that it really matters anymore, completely disillusioned with the forum now...same old, same old...#yawn.

Don't think I'll be around much longer.
Thank You to messiahontrial from 2 Users:
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 4th May 2015, 19:06
Bye bye Honda...

Car: Volvo V60 VEA D4 (181)
Thanked 1,265 Times in 1,042 Posts
That's the spirit Neil!

Who else would have you?
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 4th May 2015, 19:10 Thread Starter
more torque than the mrs
** Thread starter **

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_G View Post
That's the spirit Neil!

Who else would have you?
lol.. so glad we have a few we can have some banter with,still a good forum but that's down to who is still here atm....
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 4th May 2015, 19:18
aka Mugen Mo

Car: 2010 DSB FN2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_G View Post
That's the spirit Neil!

Who else would have you?

Lol....me apparently
Thank You to MoHo from 3 Users:
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 4th May 2015, 19:20
Supporter

Car: 2010 1.8 Si, Millano Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by messiahontrial View Post
Petty ?

Possibly, but it annoys me, too.

It's called, "Good manners". Seems to be distinctly lacking these days, particularly among the younger generation. Might be summat to do with not being arsed to use proper grammar, and shortening everything.

Sandscript took centuries to decipher because they didn't use any form of punctuation. Guess everything goes full circle eventually.

My answer is to throw anyone who does not respond into my ignore list. Even people who don't respond to a helpful post. Irony is, my ignore list is now bigger than my friends list !

Not that it really matters anymore, completely disillusioned with the forum now...same old, same old...#yawn.

Don't think I'll be around much longer.

I nos wat u mean grandad... I'm 30 an consider mysen to talk props and Av mannas. Kids 2day just *** care!! 😁
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 4th May 2015, 19:29
Supporter

On a serious note, I didn't realise (due to ignorance and naivety) about feedback until my second purchase through the forum. I didn't realise I, myself could receive feedback until I got a message notifying me so. Now that I know, I will endeavour to do so from now on.

On another note, those who use tapatalk may find it hard to leave feedback as I did (windows 10.1 phone, may make a difference). I had to go a roundabout way to do it, forgotten how the second time, so used Firefox and the desktop site, not mobile...

I'm not sure if it should be a loss of privilege action overall. Maybe a name and shame might work better to let the OP decide if they want to do business with the other party?

Late to the show as usual!
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 4th May 2015, 19:42
Administrator

Car: 2016 Ford Kuga Titanium
Thanked 1,059 Times in 761 Posts
I am against any form of obligation as that takes away from the overall 'feeling' of the forum, but I do think campaign of encouraging people to leave feedback is a good first step. Maybe as an Admin team we could try to help out as when you ask us to close a FS Thread we could simply fire off a PM to the buyer to leave some feedback to the seller as part of the archiving process.
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 4th May 2015, 19:57 Thread Starter
more torque than the mrs
** Thread starter **

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska_soundie View Post
On a serious note, I didn't realise (due to ignorance and naivety) about feedback until my second purchase through the forum. I didn't realise I, myself could receive feedback until I got a message notifying me so. Now that I know,
good point like i said if its mentioned in the trading rules no one can escape the ignorance if someone doesn't understand how to leave feedback ask a moderator,whether it be a phone or computer there is no excuse when we have a report button ..
Thanks to deni.babe from:
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 5th May 2015, 05:55
Administrator

Car: MY13 1.8 EX Auto
Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMan View Post
I am against any form of obligation as that takes away from the overall 'feeling' of the forum, but I do think campaign of encouraging people to leave feedback is a good first step. Maybe as an Admin team we could try to help out as when you ask us to close a FS Thread we could simply fire off a PM to the buyer to leave some feedback to the seller as part of the archiving process.
In an ideal situation the procedure would be that the buyer used the report button to say, 'item arrived, feedback left, archive'.

All pigs fed and ready for takeoff

I try to scan all FS & W posts daily to see if any are complete and can be archived. I think sending PM's would be a chore some days.

Is there anything Admin can do to send out auto reminders like Amazon used to.
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 5th May 2015, 07:22
Living the dream!

Thanked 1,199 Times in 1,018 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kremmen View Post
In an ideal situation the procedure would be that the buyer used the report button to say, 'item arrived, feedback left, archive'.
you dont stand a chance buyers and sellers can not even follow the rules in FS threads before we go any further so asking for something this simple is not a simple as most think

I guess its that old saying that "common sense is not so common"
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 5th May 2015, 07:30
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickHondaR View Post
you don't stand a chance buyers and sellers can not even follow the rules in FS threads before we go any further so asking for something this simple is not a simple as most think

I guess its that old saying that "common sense is not so common"

That is a rather good point, and there's a lot of random comments on those threads that don't offer a price even if it is a silly one to adhere to the rules.

An old lecturer of mine had always said there's no such thing as common sense, just good sense. And that's a rarity!

Civinfo > Welcome > Site suggestions, feedback and rules

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in