Dealer Name and Shame - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 7th May 2007, 23:19 Thread Starter

Dealer Name and Shame

How about a section where we can name and shame dealers. I for one would recommend mine as I have been dealt with in a very professional manner but the bloke in the next city/town may not . There is a lot of talk about bad dealers in the forum but i suspect that there is many good ones too and it is only fair that they get the mention that they deserve. This way we can highlight trends etc and do the poor ones out of business whilst rewarding the good ones with our business
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 7th May 2007, 23:47

hmm

I like the thinking but would it be effective? It's also rather cruel. It would be nice though for the poorer performing dealers to see this and learn from it, rather than it be their demise.

I bet a poll comparing independent dealers to franchised ones would reveal some trends, i personally found my dealer much more helpful and professional before the owner retired and sold out to a large franchise
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 8th May 2007, 07:27
Administrator

Car: Jag XF 3.0
Thanked 2,774 Times in 824 Posts
Eco display
Send a message via Skype™ to Pottsy

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 8th May 2007, 08:01
Bog
Supporter

Car: 2016 CR-V 1.6 160 4WD
Eco display
I've used three so far and they have all been poor! The usual issues such as only sorting 1 out of a list of 5 problems, damaging the car and minimal communication.

As much as I love my Civic, I doubt I will buy another Honda based on my experience so far. I know alot of brands have there problems, but given the high status of the Honda brand, I had high expectations.

When I bought the Civic, my wife bought a Fiesta at the same time and I know it's only one dealer, but the service from Ford has been 100% than that from Honda.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 8th May 2007, 08:07 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bog View Post
I've used three so far and they have all been poor! The usual issues such as only sorting 1 out of a list of 5 problems, damaging the car and minimal communication.

As much as I love my Civic, I doubt I will buy another Honda based on my experience so far. I know alot of brands have there problems, but given the high status of the Honda brand, I had high expectations.

When I bought the Civic, my wife bought a Fiesta at the same time and I know it's only one dealer, but the service from Ford has been 100% than that from Honda.
Surely then this is a good case for the above mentioned list ? Not all dealerships will be bad and it is unfair to blame Honda as it ultimately is down to the dealership carrying out the repairs . Say for arguments sake you could travel a little further knowing you are visiting a good dealer that could sort your problems wouldn't this be worth it ?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 8th May 2007, 08:10
Administrator

Car: Jag XF 3.0
Thanked 2,774 Times in 824 Posts
Eco display
Send a message via Skype™ to Pottsy
Steampig,

How is the wiki list not what you are thinking of?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 8th May 2007, 08:12 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

That is it

That is it yes but placing it on the main menu for the forum would perhaps encourage more input (Didn't even look there)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 8th May 2007, 09:38
Bog
Supporter

Car: 2016 CR-V 1.6 160 4WD
Eco display
Perhaps Honda are not directly to blame for some dealerships lack of service, but it IS their responsibility to sort the bad dealers out, especially if they care about their reputation. Honda dealerships are the ambassadors of Honda and apart from the product; the dealerships are the most visible/accessible part of Honda.

I think you are right Steampig, it should be on the main page (As long as it is honest opinion and not liablas). Perhaps it could be done like the feedback system in ebay.

If Honda/the dealers don't like what they see, then they should take action to improve their service.

Civinfo > Welcome > Site suggestions, feedback and rules

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page